New Route - BNSF Clovis Sub West

Dermmy

Too many projects...
Do you fancy driving a hot 8000 foot intermodal 'Z' Train headed by a trio of BNSF SD70ACEs with a pair of SD40-2s shoving on the rear over an undulating route at line speeds up to 70 mph? Or would you rather leave the driving to the Trainz AI and concentrate on keeping trains running as seven different Portals produce and consume over 100 trains in a 24-hour period? Or perhaps would prefer to amble out of Belen yard in an old GP60 at the head of a couple dozen assorted freight cars and spend a few hours switching the Madrone industrial spurs?

Whatever your Trainz preferences this one is for you....

This release features the western end of the Clovis Sub. From the division point yard at Belen NM the line stretches eastwards covering over 60 miles of modern high-speed double-track main line. Leaving Belen the line crosses the Rio Grande River and passes the industrial area of Madrone before beginning a relentless climb to the single-track bottleneck through Abo canyon and on up to the summit of the line at Mountainair then down hill to a point just east of the tiny hamlet of Willard NM. Future releases will continue the line Eastwards to the Union Pacific junction at Vaughn, the famous Fort Sumpter Bridge and eventually on to Clovis.

The route was built in TRS04 and installs and runs in TRS06SP1. It is untested in later versions of Trainz. The route is 'lo poly' for most of the way, but the area around Belen is more taxing. Suggestions for optimizing frame rates are included in the notes on the pages linked below.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to download the route and all non-DLS content can be found on this page.

For anyone unfamiliar with the route, screenshots can be found here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

SESSION: Belen Dispatcher

Details of an introductory session can be found on this page. The page includes detailed notes and suggestions for an open-ended session which can run for hours.

Please note that the session requires a reasonably fast machine to run.

Content for the session may be a problem. There are links for non-DLS content at the foot of the Session release page (link above), but there may be other content either missing or possibly not available. Please post in this thread and I will endeavour to find anything missing. Should anything prove completely unattainable I will re-do the thing as required....

Please note that the Session is built in TRS06SP1 and will not install in TRS04. The reasons for this are explained in the pages linked to above.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORT

For support relating to route or session issues and session content, please post in this thread.

For support relating to rolling stock dependencies for the session, a quicker response may come from posts in the forums of the Trainz group responsible for that content...
-------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS...

Thanks to the Beta team: Sp_or_bust, 22alpha, Captkilljoy, Ethandude, Nikos1, Cozmo, Sureshot, Zintac and Joram24.

Thanks to Whitepass, Cnr, Meridious and Sporbust for new or modified content.

Special thanks as always to fdugger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun,

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Wow, a marvellous map and a lot of fun! :)

Thank you very much for it, Andy

Regards

Swordfish

PS: My problems did I tell you in a e-mail

Last edited:
The link for the NS C40-8 download shows a Error 404-Not Found

Does anyone know what

95761:15360
95761:15361
95761:15362
95761:15363
95761:15364
95761:145411

are?

OOPS. There was a content goof in the original session - thanks Swordfish.

The link from the
Checkrail Download Page
now points to a corrected version, anyone who downloaded the session early should grab the new version....

Andy :)

Good Work!

8) Thanks Dermmy!

Do we have to load the trains in the session?

Are there any locomotives added to the sessions, ie. I have configured files to my liking, would any other than what you have listed be changed?

Hi Allen

All trains with 'visible' loads in the session load using the 'InstantLoad' driver command. Trains with 'invisible' loads are left empty to keep the weight down and decrease the chance of trains rolling through red signals. No config changes are needed.

Only one train actually loads while on the line and that is a quarry train that runs from the Albuquerque Portal to the ATSF Ballast Quarry and returns to Albuquerque. This train also uses the 'InstantLoad' command.

Hope that answers your questions....

Andy :)

I've had no problem getting all dependancies, Andy did a great job in putting links to them on his home site.

I took a drive on Clovis Sub lastnight and was impressed. Awesome work Andy.:)

Last edited:
I've downloaded everything except the NS c40-8 which gives me a 404 error and am missing the following dependency.

Unknown Location: <kuid:55290:10000>

Back