NYCTA! pics!

nytcz.png

Last edited:
Looks good how do you start modeling trains in sketchup? I have the program but cannot work out how to get started.

Looks good how do you start modeling trains in sketchup? I have the program but cannot work out how to get started.
Hey, I didn't make the model, TheSubwayStation did. I am just adding on to it, and i'll edit his model a little bit so what you see here will look totally different when i'm finished
Anyway I don't know how to answer your question.. there are some tools like rectangle and circle. yeah its complicated.

Hey, I didn't make the model, TheSubwayStation did. I am just adding on to it, and i'll edit his model a little bit so what you see here will look totally different when i'm finished
Anyway I don't know how to answer your question.. there are some tools like rectangle and circle. yeah its complicated.
I see yes it is hard to use for that purpose gmx and blender are the best I have been told.

I applied it to my El tracks as well, and they are used on Magicland's elevated track splines. They are frog tracks used to keep the train not from derailing, but from falling off the El. A lot of freight and commuter rail bridges use these as well. Not sure if they really work, but we'll never know until it happens, huh?

Rails not bolted to the surface of the tie are just left there for replacement purposes, and make great scenery objects when routebuilding.

73298780.png

Hey guys the old r68 I was working on has been scrapped for many reasons... i'll now be working on porting this GTA3 mod to trainz by DimZet13.
Won't be released till I get his permission to release it

Hey guyz,

They do work -- I've seen it -- back in the 90's while living in the South Bronx, a block away from the 6 line, stratford Ave, etc ... there were replacing the track, and someone forgot to lock the brakes on the crane train and roll down the track and... (from the Daily news paper story) ... slammed into a wagon ... the wagon was pushed off the rail, but the inner rails was able to catch the train from falling off the entire track --- I saw this because the local train was reroute onto the express line and we passed right by it --- anyhow, later that day they call in a super crane which lifted the wagon back onto the tracks!

Ish

Last edited:
Back