NYCTA! pics!

Hi I want to share my last work on the R36 with the "Metro de Madrid" series 2000.in this model I show you special scheme for the 95 years of subway in Madrid.

I testing two colors because i don´t know the real tone,I want the dark tone.

Got some screenshots and a question:

c4D1RHq.jpg

hxf5nvl.jpg

BKuywH1.jpg

nOxSW0T.jpg

Now the question: I have a line of two shot timers on an S-curve. I have the limit sign, an invisible speed limit, a normal signal, an aspect 2 shot GT, and then 5 primary 2 shots. Directly after the last one, I placed the increased limit. When I run this setup, one train makes it through okay, but the next one always gets stopped at the last signal. It simply doesn't clear, regardless of the time spent sitting in front of it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

TIA!!

Do you have any other signals past the last 2-shot GT, even an invisible signal? If you don't, then that last signal will stay at red because "line ahead is un-signaled". If you're going the NYCTA route where there are signals literally everywhere, then this shouldn't be an issue. If you're going the BART route where there are only signals at certain locations, you need to place two invisible signals about 100 feet or so in front of that last signal so that way your last 2-shot "reads" the invisible signals as actual ones, and you'll get the correct clearing.

If *neither* of these are your case, then check the distance between the last 2-shot and the second-to-last 2-shot. If they're too close to each other, the last one in the line won't work properly. Right now we have some HUGE updates to the signal code that I'm currently beta testing with Subway_V, so those should be released by the end of the summer. We'll have a comprehensive guide to functions and set-up as well. As always, we are here to help with any questions!

Could you post some pictures of the aforementioned S-curve? Also, which trees are you using? I've been knocking my head against my desk looking for suitable trees for BART, and the ones you used look really good!

-A :wave:

Do you have any other signals past the last 2-shot GT, even an invisible signal? If you don't, then that last signal will stay at red because "line ahead is un-signaled". If you're going the NYCTA route where there are signals literally everywhere, then this shouldn't be an issue. If you're going the BART route where there are only signals at certain locations, you need to place two invisible signals about 100 feet or so in front of that last signal so that way your last 2-shot "reads" the invisible signals as actual ones, and you'll get the correct clearing.

If *neither* of these are your case, then check the distance between the last 2-shot and the second-to-last 2-shot. If they're too close to each other, the last one in the line won't work properly. Right now we have some HUGE updates to the signal code that I'm currently beta testing with Subway_V, so those should be released by the end of the summer. We'll have a comprehensive guide to functions and set-up as well. As always, we are here to help with any questions!

Could you post some pictures of the aforementioned S-curve? Also, which trees are you using? I've been knocking my head against my desk looking for suitable trees for BART, and the ones you used look really good!

Thanks a trillion for the prompt reply!

Here's a video of the curve in question, and the signals working the first time, but not the second. Lemme know if you see anything weird...

https://youtu.be/N2FJ5yPeXLU

Looking forward to the updates -- I love all your content!

My trees are all pofig. I got them off of routes downloaded from the Jointed Rail website, but I believe this ( http://429786.ucoz.ru/ ) is his other website. A guide to usage can be found here: http://www.doug56.net/MBC_2010_Assets/page23.html

If I may ask you a content question now, I was wondering if you had any recommendations for medium/high-density urban buildings on the DLS or elsewhere. I've done a lot of detached houses and Soviet-style projects and especially for a New Yorker who is used to townhouses and tightly knit apartments, my scenery seems lacking... Thanks!

Here's a video of the curve in question, and the signals working the first time, but not the second. Lemme know if you see anything weird...

Looking forward to the updates -- I love all your content!

My trees are all pofig. I got them off of routes downloaded from the Jointed Rail website, but I believe this ( http://429786.ucoz.ru/ ) is his other website. A guide to usage can be found here: http://www.doug56.net/MBC_2010_Assets/page23.html

If I may ask you a content question now, I was wondering if you had any recommendations for medium/high-density urban buildings on the DLS or elsewhere. I've done a lot of detached houses and Soviet-style projects and especially for a New Yorker who is used to townhouses and tightly knit apartments, my scenery seems lacking... Thanks!

Pofig's TS12 trees can also be found on jatws.org.

Cheerio John

As an updated reply to this situation, we've fixed the scripts on all of the timed signals and there will be some betas rolling out soon. We just have to find somewhere to host them as the website is being revamped (We're Urban Transit Developers now).

TANE_2019-09-01_15-36-37-893.png

May 15th, 2015, LIRR Train #6000 is stopping at Woodside Station bound for Babylon, while on top, an R188 7 train is stopped, bound for Main Street (Mods are private and route is non-proto as it is a standin

Last edited:
BMT Broadway Line (TRS19)

I've been upgrading some of my stations to reflect the uniqueness of the BMT Division, as well as making them look nice for TRS19. Here are the results.

Enjoy!

Hey @Ace, Long time no see. I haven't been on this site in years. I'm so glad to see that you're still going with the NYCTA lines. Your work has definitely progressed and is beautiful to say the least. Are you the only one still making NYCTA items or is BStyles still around?

Are you the only one still making NYCTA items or is BStyles still around?

To the best of my knowledge, I am the only one who is currently making NYCTA items. I have a team, and they help out with various things associated with some of our content (behavioral scripts, engine sounds, engine specs, reskins, etc), but outside of Magicland and Jeff Morris on the DLS, 99% of any NYCTA items you see floating around are mine.

It's a lot of work, but I love it. I'll try to remain more active here so that way you guys are kept in the loop with future developments!

Editable subway exits--you can choose the mesh of which sign you'd like to show, what text to display, as well as what route bullets to show. It was a lot of work getting the BDSES script to work how I wanted, but I'm proud of this entire day's work! :D

2019-10-01-222254.jpg

Enjoy!

Nice! Again, its great to hear from you Ace. I'm gonna be buying Trainz 19 soon. Seeing all of the progress got me back excited and interested lol. Besides the DLS, where can i download your train items? Is BDC Projects still around?

OMG WOW ����, i swear I remember telling you guys to make something like this back in 2013-2014, these are amazing.

Nice! Again, its great to hear from you Ace. I'm gonna be buying Trainz 19 soon. Seeing all of the progress got me back excited and interested lol. Besides the DLS, where can i download your train items? Is BDC Projects still around?

BDC Projects is down for right now, undergoing some maintenance. I'm talking to BStyles about gathering all the usernames so I can get in touch with people. Right now, the only things of mine on the DLS are some really old 2010-era rollsign edits from Magicland's set. I'm combing through my (literally, hundreds) of assets and testing everything to see if anything is DLS worthy for now. I'll let you guys know first thing!

OMG WOW ����, i swear I remember telling you guys to make something like this back in 2013-2014, these are amazing.

Yeah, sometimes plans and things change, I do remember your suggestion. Trainz has come a long way in five years, and better graphics and attention to detail are more important (IMO, not saying they weren't before) now because of the capabilities of the new game, and just computer hardware in general. Plus I know die-hard subway buffs will like the details I put in---and some will foam at the mouth at the things I personally decide to leave out, haha.

Back