Un-portal problems

Pendolino

Cab mode weirdo
Hello, fellow Trainzers,

I have a problem with sforget's un-portal rule. I've set up a session using this rule to send trains coming from three double track lines (A, B, C) through a junction (station D)

Every portal is set up to emit three trains:
- a local passenger, which comes out of the portal, stops at station D for 1 minute and then continues to its destination
- an intercity passenger train which comes out of the portal, passes through station D without stopping and continues to its destination
- a freight train, having the same orders as the intercity passenger train.

Everything works fine, trains are emitted and received by portals for hours, but some trains are only partially emitted. Usually, only the locomotive appears. Sometimes (very rarely) the consist is only shorter than it should be...

I downloaded the rule from the DLS: it is meant to be used in 2004, but the CMP loaded it without problems. I have made some search on this forum and I have seen that sforget made 2006 version, which was available at Trainzhaven; unfortunately, I have been unable to find the site.

Can someone help me to find where the 2006 version of this rule is available?

Thanks in advance

Are you using the short Portal?

That one has given me problems in the past but the "Portal Basic" has always worked correctly for me.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1

Oops, I left out a very important information... I used the "Un-portal" rule to set some trackmarks as portals.

I've made some additional trials today, working on a PC and running Trainz on another one :D .
I set up a 3-km straight track as a single spline, with two trackmarks (Trackmark 0 and 1). Trackmark 0 has been configured as the portal emitting the trains, and all the trains have two orders:
- Drive to trackmark 1
- Delete train
I watched the trains coming out for three hours, and all of them were complete: it seems that the glitch I reported above only occurs when the train emitted by the trackmark turned portal meets a spline node in the track before it has been fully generated.

Has anybody else experienced a similar problem?

Back