USA Pics

Today we see the NR-3 switching hopper cars. The unit on the front is being leased from seaboard.
screen464ig0.jpg

It was an early autumn night and I went out to do some railfanning. When I got to the yard there wasn't much going on except a few cats walking around.
screen467va3.jpg

I waited about a half hour and then I heard a train horn. The WONR slowly came to a stop on the crossing.
screen469ge4.jpg

Two crew members got off, one guy went to decouple the flatcars, and the other walked over to the crossover (there are no automatic switches on the line)
screen470ll6.jpg

I talked with the crew a bit and they let me walk onto the tracks and get this shot of two flat cars with new railroad ties.
screen473na8.jpg

The loco and two cars then recoupled to the other half of the train and the crew got back on and the train slowly went south.
screen474wq4.jpg

I waved good bye but the engineer at the rear didn't wave back, he was busy talking on the radio.
screen475fk7.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Gandalf? Is that the NJCL? I assume it is....... and on the subject, that police car sitting outside 7-Eleven: Did you repaint the original Crown Vic Police Car? Cause last time I saw It said LVman Police, not Westborough Police. Sorry Guys! No Pics yet, I'm on the public computers at the Downtown Internet Cafe'.

Hey Gandalf? Is that the NJCL? I assume it is....... and on the subject, that police car sitting outside 7-Eleven: Did you repaint the original Crown Vic Police Car? Cause last time I saw It said LVman Police, not Westborough Police. Sorry Guys! No Pics yet, I'm on the public computers at the Downtown Internet Cafe'.
Yes its the NJCL,and no I did not reskin it,it was like that when I got it:confused: :hehe: Must be 2 of them floating around the DLS.

A few I just took..

On my way to my friend's house I caught LIRR freight RS-30 with MP15AC 153 and GP38-2 276 on the point. And right at the same time, an MOW train passed by heading east.

6acddbae7985e638ce115af3401f4f21.jpg

6041cae440210e1d762e679dcb090366.jpg

This isn't something I usually see, any engine, let alone a GP38 at the back of a train in front of a caboose, which is rare enough.

1a32b1165ccdf07aa01e240237aee3c1.jpg

aa688c3835f102bd18dde083f4db1394.jpg

Dietrich

Back