Page 2987 of 2995 FirstFirst ... 1987248728872937297729852986298729882989 ... LastLast
Results 44,791 to 44,805 of 44914

Thread: USA Pics

Blog Entries

Will there be a version of that route by you that will be released?

Blog Entries

Fantastic work . Love seeing this . Well done.

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Great to see this update, it really brings you efforts together and looks outstanding!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Sorry have to ask is this for you BlackDiamond1964 or public release, would be so nice to have somewhere to run those cars, your doing a nice job

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; April 25th, 2021 at 02:35 AM.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 111951

Quote Originally Posted by ericmp View Post
    And great shots, lego207! Your route looks awesome!
    Thank you!

--

When steam was king, the Colcurd Spur saw a lot more action. The mine closed in 1959 after a series of collapses, which dealt a major blow to the PRRs coal traffic on the southern extension of the division. Before then, though, things were better.

With a rear helper, trains would shove back out of the mine and spur onto the main.

Once the lead engines cleared the spur switch, the train would shift gears and begin the arduous climb over the mountains at Ameagle and Dorothy.

Empties or loads, traffic up the hill is a struggle all the same. Alternative routing became available, but the time it took to reroute trains across neighboring lines was deemed not worth the trouble. Not to mention, there were other mines to work along the PRRs own line here.

With steam having been pushed to the wayside, diesels took control after a time. The WV division was one of the last areas to be dieselized as the company tended to look upon it as a stunted child, where it got hand-me-downs and upgrades later than most other lines. Coal continued moving after the Carbon and Colcord mines shut down, but not as much. Lashups became nightmarish combinations of whatever motors could be dredged up to climb the steep hills.

Of course, in true PRR fashion, they would never admit to the routes failures, and would continue operating it at a loss until the formation of Penn Central.

Cheers,
    SM

That makes it hard not even old town maps that might give you the number and size of buildings, Im guessing the towns have changed so much by now, looks like your using dem or simular, one problem I found is it seems to change the shapes a little and the sizes of the areas as well. and the original buildings don't always fit where they should.

United States of America, Wisconsin (WI), Denmark

The sun sets as Western Maryland I1 Decapod 1104 pulls a small mixed freight train.

RR Mods EMD's, these were built for TRS2004 and still great locos still in TRS2019. Mojave Sub.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Trainz New Era.....SSDD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QR1408 View Post
    RR Mods EMD's, these were built for TRS2004 and still great locos still in TRS2019. Mojave Sub.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Some things are just built to last and stand the test of time,,,,,,I'm a Railroad Lover, for lots of different ones, but SP (Fallen Flag) will always remain one of my favorites!

I grew up around them in the 50's, would see them every day as I walked to school, later on driving down highways, and the byways........Sure was determined to work and wash up their dirty Locomotives, but that was not to be my destination in life..... Was very sad time when they got bought up by Union Pacific........

When someone brings a picture like this one, or for that fact anything SP, it brings back lots of Melancholy from times long past.....Thank you for sharing with us.......

Always loved the SP though I've never seen the real thing. Of course often popped up in movies. Have a lot of SP steam and diesel freeware and payware from RR Mods and JR. All these locos have run a good few miles.
    Trainz New Era.....SSDD

Its quite amazing how assets by some authors still work all the way up to TRS19 its like the original author had a preview of the future when they made them with quality

Tom

CP Train 290, breaks the silence here in Tunnel City, WI. as it heads east for Chicago

Some from Chicago, IL.

I am enjoying this route so much

Quote Originally Posted by Jdriver View Post
    I am enjoying this route so much
    What route is it, please?