My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cragin Junction
Metra F40PHM 197, blasts through Cragin Junction with a five-car outbound North Central Service train for Antioch; it will not stop at the Grand/Cicero station, which is just along side me. Meanwhile, a Canadian Pacific manifest with NS power waits to enter the Milwaukee District West Line (CP's Elgin Sub). Cragin Junction is the northernmost point on the Belt Railway of Chicago.

upload photos

CP 6304 @ Franklin Park, IL
2 people pay attention to the rumble of EMDs, as CP 281 (Bensenville, IL - St. Paul, MN) heads east along the CP Elgin Sub with a 5 pack of EMDs, consisting of two SD60s, two SD30ECOs and finally one GP20ECO. They’re seen here getting up to speed at Calwagner St. in downtown Franklin Park, IL. After getting majorly blocked by westbound 287, I was lucky enough to beat traffic to another location and settle for this.

It seems as if someone did not warn the crew of this 2-8-2 steam locomotive until it was too late of the snowstorm which was forecasted for later of the day, I just hope they have a cup of hot chocolate or coffee and a good snack with them, they will need something to drink, heat from the engine's firebox while out on the high iron is not a issue, but, I think that what transpired on this railroad In regard to the weather is a hard lesson which had to be learned the hard way on why it is not to be underestimated.

Last edited:
A loaded BNSF coal train bound for Valmy, NV climbs the Front Range. The train stalled between Leyden and Rocky, requiring two UP units to be added.
With 130 cars wrapping around Big Ten Curve, the head end is at East Clay, whereas the rear is still at Rocky.
tb5lJPY.jpg

Taking the siding at Crescent to meet eastbound California Zephyr #6
5RbrF3o.jpg

The coal train was only making 15 MPH up the grade anyway, making for an easy rolling meet between the two trains.
xMm1DoY.jpg

3hRhB3U.jpg

One of GBWs boat trains returning back to GBW's Norwood yard, coming across the Fox River swing bridge, then crossing over the CNW at Broadway Tower, then coming thru McDonald Yard, then skirting along side Norwood Ave before coming into the yard at Norwood

Back