USA Pics

Loading up in the valley.

46H7Jpr.jpg

Takes a while to get a full string of cars loaded up with coal, but eventually it's time to pull hard out of Clear Creek's mine.

3baWJKH.jpg

Six-axles were given priority to the heavier coal traffic, while GP-classes were put hard to work on the manifest traffic until new power could offset the needs of the mines.

XWNfHaK.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Somewhere in western Indiana, a southbound NS manifest claws at the grade with 15,000 tons of train, but only 13,200 horsepower across their 2x1x0 setup...

q3CZS4D.jpg

hiawathamr, is it normal to have every passenger car be a cab car in METRO's consists? Just wondering, I don't delve into anything beyond Western Pacific, Southern Pacific, Caltrain and associated rail lines.

hiawathamr, is it normal to have every passenger car be a cab car in METRO's consists? Just wondering, I don't delve into anything beyond Western Pacific, Southern Pacific, Caltrain and associated rail lines.
I think its just a case of Ryanstrains never made a coach version.

Awesome screenshots, everyone!

Here are some more screenshots of my fictional Maryland Grafton and Appalachia Railroad. I spent some time revamping the fictional town of Pleasant Valley Ferry, West Virginia, which was originally an area on the route that I built a long time ago when I had less skills at route-building.

Here is what one spot used to look like before I revamped it:
AJFCJaVtIAUipruv-_v2HggqHmDPv1J1ab1f_aovdgKCJUu6wu0BBVYjU11sb9TVuAuU4_jRDaGO4sDetVkw51Y5pWmnvjeLoV1Eb5bIdWsz0UpNNzNdvxm_7sC4O2OV5b04T0uZaviNmGdK5OHx8ePdH_GpJg=w1536-h841-s-no

Here is what that same spot looks like after revamping it:
CSX-Local---Pleasant-Valley-Ferry%2C-WV.jpg

Before:
AJFCJaX76lA4j9NolRLFXMMsa4W13nVU1j3KBtTSnQlHrIFzaK2gTO9ODmAWdV1QGEy3Ks2EpjXTQNesuCBvAFfaMZFSFGmCBu3IxskM3rjGZXYmVErJWlKh2qJgCy6vGmbF10rcnkJhYIVbXqT3IIrRhP23FQ=w1536-h841-s-no

After:

I'm also curious to see if anyone can guess the location this is based off of and inspired by, :D.

Thanks for viewing!
- Sean D.

Back