USA Pics

Quahog Sub, but with ATSF, BN, and SP (I maybe do UP too)
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
NjzGBwA.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
djYHrDG.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
U7DYoXs.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
1tIjFcq.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
W8QEwAI.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
rRbu6I9.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
wCFBTNs.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
vv6ZysL.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
rQaiVyx.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
lIYe39d.png
[/FONT]

A little something I've been working on, vaguely set in the Pacific Nortwest.

inb4 people complain about Canadian engines in the USA Pics thread again

Matt

Loaded coal train C-ATWS9 starts around the loop track connecting the UP Altoona Sub. to the CN Valley Sub. The train will end up at the Weston plant south of Wausau.

September 1986. The Sleeping Kitten in its final phase.

Here are a few screens showing a train in the final era of the Chessie System. By now its southern counterpart had renamed itself CSX Transportation and it was underway with renumbering, repainting, and re-stenciling former SBD equipment. The C&O and B&O remain the only two of the Chessie roads still operating creating a year long transitional period where the three reporting marks were used until August 29, 1987. Locomotives from this point on Chessie would slowly receive their new CSX numbers yet keep their B&O/C&O/WM reporting marks. On September 8th, the westbound "Chicagoan" manifest/empty auto parts from Baltimore traverses the Sandpatch Grade on the mainline to Chicago. On the point is a GP40-2 and a C&O SD50 with 6,318 feet of train.

Exiting the west end of Cumberland Yard the train passes by the CPLs.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-02-15-36.png

The train snakes through the Cumberland Narrows. A 50' Pullman PS-1 belonging to the Minneapolis, Northfield & Southern is visible behind 8557.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-03-10-14.png

The train picked up the helper engines at Hyndman, a pair of sequentially numbered B&O SD40-2s. They shove the train up to Sandpatch.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-03-10-41.png

C&O 192308 is in the short lived CSX Transportation scheme. Beginning from April 1986 a small number of freight cars from the C&O and SBD were painted into this scheme.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-03-11-04.png

SOU 42907 belongs to the first order of Greenville 86' auto boxes, 42862-42945 built in October 1968.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-03-11-11-1.png

Caboose usage was becoming increasingly rare by this point in the mid-1980s having been rendered obsolete by EOT devices. Despite this, B&O 903847 brings up the end of the train behind a FEC bi-level after the helpers were cut off at Sandpatch. The CNW bi-level ahead of it is one of a few purchased from the RF&P.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-03-12-59.png

A shot of the train west of Casselman, Pennsylvania.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-09-03-14-45.png

Back