USA Pics

Hiawatha Powwow

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Erik, those hoppers look fantastic.

Some shots from a few months back when I was working on an integrated steel mill complex. Its time to relight the fires and get it finished.

After picking up a cut of N&W coal hoppers and a Conrail caboose at the interchange point with the Tennessee and Eastern Railroad in Knoxville, a burly Tidewater Western Railroad 4-8-4 Northern rumbles down the tracks under two highway bridges with a considerably sized coal train which is on the way to a power generating plant in Waycross, Georgia, before going onto the mainline, the 5032 has just been refilled with coal and water and then performed some switching moves at the coal mine which by the way was normally handled by some 2-8-0 Consolidations.

Last edited:
2018-04-29-161940_orig.jpg

A SOO GP38 drags some ethanol empties out of Milwaukee and will bring them to Bensenville Yard outside of Chicago.
2018-04-29-162431_orig.jpg

Chicago-bound Empire Builder No. 8 darts across Waterford Avenue.
2018-04-29-101132_orig.jpg

Amtrak No. 8 overtakes the empty ethanol train a few miles up the line.

Thanks! The first two are based from the crossing on the CP C&M Subdivision at West Waterford Avenue in South Milwaukee.

Your welcome:)
Now I know that place, and am guessing this is the crossing (Google Maps). I called it the Death Curve crossing since many trains went fast on the curve and derailed.
If so, then I got some footage of some trains going through the area:):D

Back