USA Pics

Union Pacific DDA40X #6921 heads a fast freight up Sherman Hill, assisted by 2 SD40-2's and another DDA40X.

d3dd44c2488a1b240d5bd10501325f74.jpg

6e52c185b5be1a6b4f173c469fcf5ba4.jpg

a98a83ba58c08f7b6e85998b51f1bc61.jpg

CLW Train M205 (Cleveland to Columbus) flies by the south end of Gambrinus Yard in Canton, Ohio. In the background is the US Steel Gambrinus Works, and even further you can catch a glimpse of downtown Canton.

Of course, in real life, Gambrinus yard is a small yard on the W&LE, but in this universe, it's a major yard on the CLW system.

15b03735135dcad6de3b83d53b40957f.jpg

Regards,
Keith

That was my attempt at creating a junk yard, I just didn't have enough junk cars; plus in the aerial shot the junk cars are lined up in nice straight lines. But at least I put grass between them. Have you found the Wild West Arena (Buffalo Bill Ranch State Park) or the Lincoln County Raceway, or any kangaroos?:wave:

Nope, haven't spotted any of those although I did notice that the same Lincoln Highway in Donner Pass runs through this route too.

I find it interesting to note that it is less than 200 miles from Paxton

to Cheyenne.

Hum...

Well there you go. You can barely see the railroad from there. :hehe: I'll have to take one of those helicopter tours I guess. Once I've gotten the yards populated, and figured out the switch settings for straight east-west and west-east runs, and tried out the smaller hump yard, and figured out the optimum procedure for in-bound trains from either direction, and ..., and ...:wave:

Edit: I thought I'd see how well the AI would handle being told to go from the east end of the route to the west end. I was amazed to only find a couple of problems, pretty impressive on a route this size. Well done Bob! Of course going through a hump yard the wrong direction wasn't the best path choice but it did make it all the way in about an hour and a half.

Last edited:
Nice shots everyone. 10 years since I last launched Trainz and I decided to play around with some shading from FSX.
Here's some random shots over Mojave Sub

Mojave1.png

Mojave2.png

Mojave4.png

Mojave3.png

Michael

Last edited:
Back