USA Pics

barti1%2005.2016.003.jpg

barti1%2005.2016.004.jpg

barti_1

Its still early into Conrail... they have recently removed track 3 from the curve. I caught a empty Autorack train with an almost all in the family lashup...

Nice shots Chris!

The third track was removed in 1981, so the chance if seeing all heritage lashups then was slim to none, especially with F units and unpainted PRR power. If I recall correctly, CR F units were gone by the late 70's. Looks like you have an interesting mix of eras with the fully covered racks too. Also, the fence wouldn't be there among other details.

Still, nice shots! Good to see that PRR/PC/CR around the Curve is finally getting some love again!

Nice vintage shots Chris, thanks for sharing.

Not a problem Ken!

I will keep on posting them for people to enjoy :)

I was alive and trackside during this era and got to see a lot of the PRR/PC/CR era. My Uncle was an engineer for the NYC in freight and passenger and finished his career in freight service for Conrail. The first locomotive I ever got to get into and operate was a tired PRR vintage F7A in the Ashtabula Ohio terminal! When I was born the PRR and NYC were still two separate entities!

A Coal Train descends the curve headed for Altoona:

Last edited:
621653488b09f5203c45bb2fe8b54d8c.png

NS ES44AC #8013 leads southbound 796 through the control point at EG Tower, ducking under Interstate 40 here at Harriman, TN.

Norfolk Southern 2nd District CNO&TP

Cheers,
Woody

Back