USA Pics

330c008ce7322043d7cff58d16dfea33.jpg

cdc7205ef0148d8db513e143238239cc.jpg

4a9dc706c17d6606fb6aec78b78e8db8.jpg

d56518549a1078de58f67ec7b0fceea7.jpg

493ba13f4cf9fe14651fffe15c763535.jpg

The B&S started in via circa the year of eighteen hundred and seventy eight as a narrow gauge logging route that established a rough and tumble town in the hills of the name of S*** Creek, from there it expanded to a mining community north of the town and another in the toward the south.

6f8db832f07cbda404c3b241138479ca.jpg
881cd29e4bf5edaf63a439d83a79c406.jpg

15a1c26bf6f107a6dbe09fe4545230a1.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

What everyone is trying to tell you is that the correct word that you're looking for is not "circa" because it means "by way of". Instead, most logos such as this use "Est.", short for established, or "founded". "Circa" is not a synonym for approximately or "around a certain time" as you're trying to use it.

I mean, apparently that's not true
8dbb615b1b9228bfac9d6699b2f0aff1.png

all the sites google lists show ''approximately'' to be the definition, nothing about 'by way of'.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, apparently that's not true
8dbb615b1b9228bfac9d6699b2f0aff1.png

all the sites google lists show ''approximately'' to be the definition, nothing about 'by way of'.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I'll be damned! In that case then, sounds weird as hell but I guess it's okay. I still think it would look a bit more professional if he picked a date and used est. beforehand, but that's not my decision.

ANYWAYS, GET BACK ON TRACK. POST SCREENSHOTS PLEASE!

The B&S started in via circa the year of eighteen hundred and seventy eight as a narrow gauge logging route that established a rough and tumble town in the hills of the name of S*** Creek, from there it expanded to a mining community north of the town and another in the toward the south.
Rock On!
~Dusten
I don't think I would want to go barefoot anywhere near a place called S*** Creek. Love the look of the route though.

Well I'll be damned! In that case then, sounds weird as hell but I guess it's okay. I still think it would look a bit more professional if he picked a date and used est. beforehand, but that's not my decision.

ANYWAYS, GET BACK ON TRACK. POST SCREENSHOTS PLEASE!
No. :p
Circa does typically mean around, and you'd say circa 1878 because Southern narrow-gauge, especially in that era, wasn't all that well-documented by all accounts, and many papers have since been lost to history. Therefore, it's realistic to say that the date is believed to be around 1878, but no-one is really certain. Additionally, as you said, Est. is Established, therefore it would be "started in established 1878," which would be redundant.
I think the interesting word choice is more "started in via circa the year of eighteen hundred and seventy eight," since the most common would be method would be "incorporated circa 1878" or "started around 1878." The nonsensical term in the sentence is via, as that means "by way of," which is confusing in context.
Not that it really matters though.

Okay, now I will get back to screenshots:
ABE6FAF461DCF4D1765E860B61FBAF22E2A46886

I don't think I would want to go barefoot anywhere near a place called S*** Creek. Love the look of the route though.

Thanks lol. I like to add a little comedy to route. There are few scenes, and names that would make you laugh. It's named s*** creek because it's a rough logging town. A bunch of loggers, and railroaders. It's a steep grade and such.

Rock On!
~Dusten

93d910fddb2f3a99185787e31db2b5e8.jpg

In this shot, circa 1928, we catch one of the LE&E's five new 2-10-4 Texas types. For their first year of operation, these locomotives were spread around the system and tested in different areas and on different assignments. Today, 834 is leading symbol freight NXT-2, routed from the MEC interchange at Gardener, VT, via Mechanicsburgh, MA; Elmira, NY; and Manchester, PA; en-route to it's destination: Pittsburgh. The LE&E system has only been around for about a decade and a half, created from the merger of the Lake Erie and Eastern Railway (Railway was changed to Railroad after the merger), the Boston, Pittsburgh and Western Railway, and the Chicago, Ft. Wayne, and Cincinnati Railroad. All three lines and their subsidiaries would be kept as subsidiaries of the new organization: the Lake Erie and Eastern. The LE&E system as we know it today was finalized in 1947, when the subsidiary companies were formally merged into the LE&E. Nevertheless, all equipment would be lettered for the LE&E, sans reporting marks.

Last edited:
Back