USA Pics

Nice shots folks.
SLRR SD70ACe and BNSF SD75M lead empties over Bridge 2 in the WV Electric Extension.
26609100940_d4b0521a81_o.png

Cheers,
SM

Haha Good one with the Trump billboard, I'd hope there are some on here that don't quite share the same view... Nice pics all!

Having a mess about on my "City Module" route, I think I'll do a similar thing to Highland Valley, posting an open beta before I put it on the DLS.

PS for anyone looking to make a purchase at JR don't go past these GP50's, such good models!

22a190aa47469f60d32dac04d1524f14.jpg
dac7b41a9c9fc80fd21261d922ad568e.jpg

The first section of LE&E NY-2, formerly known as LCL-2, has just been handed off by the L&A in Cincinnati. The LCL trains originated on the LE&E as a technical classification for fast freight, less than carload trains, which were branded as the Midnight Service on the LE&E, and the PDQ Service on the L&A. Through an operating agreement, certain PDQ trains were handed off to the LE&E in Cincinnati or Columbus, and carried on to Chicago, Cleveland, New York, and Boston as Midnight Service trains. Likewise, certain Midnight Service freights were handed off to the L&A in Columbus or Cincinnati, and carried on to points on L&A rails, such as Charleston, Louisville, Nashville, and Chattanooga. After the Midnight Service trains were called off in the mid-1950's, the LE&E kept this arrangement with the L&A, but instead ferried TOFC traffic and other time sensitive freight instead of LCL cargo. This lucrative arrangement lasted for many years between the two roads, and was one of the building blocks of the Concord Lines ​of the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Getting all political, let me get in on it.....

CSX south bound grain train at one of many complicated ATLS crossings:

img

-For those who miss the joke here, Google Burnie Burns or Rooster Teeth-

Last edited:
Back