USA Pics

770260fc6d963ab4b30e68967c3fc119.jpg

SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY, SO LITTLE OPTIMISM...

It's a warm and breezy spring 2014 morning as CSX Q247 zips through the industrial west side of Salem, Illinois at Hotze Road. A signal maintainer is about to do his daily work after Q247 clears on these fairly new Safetran signals that replaced aging B&O Color Position Lights just a few years ago. Lots of industry has sprang up here in the small town of Salem in the last decade, but, Interstate 57 here has been the beneficiary of industrial traffic rather than the former B&O mainline to St. Louis. The 247 will knock the rust of these aging rails for today, and it won't be until later this evening when Q204 comes through that they'll be shined again. These are the only regular trains right now across the entire Illinois Subdivision, and in less than 12 months, these rails will be idle with an uncertain future. Roughly 20 years prior, optimism was strong around here after CSX's decision to end a practice of dual corridors between it's former L&N St. Louis Division and the Illinois Sub. Now it seems as if the B&O's days are quite limited as well.
...and time marches on.

​Cheers, Woody

Although not finished, I couldn't hold back from taking a screenshot! RBMN #1546 is seen switching out the Yuengling Brewery, Mill Creek facility in Port Carbon. R&N also serves Yuengling at a transload in Mount Carbon, and CSX serves them in Tampa FL.

83f3ff5f59510a4afe854a2a3ea7ef05.jpg

could you send me the map1 and map2 files for that csx? i cant seem to find any kind of csx like that.

I don't know if they are available for TRS2006, I downloaded them in T:ANE

CSX Dash 9 Bright Future <kuid2:37573:100006:2>
CSX Dash 9 Dark Future <kuid2:37573:100007:2>

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
The oil-fired Northern was seen again in a small Waycross Georgia car storage yard but this time doing some switching before picking up a cut of empty coal cars which will eventually result in the formation of a coal train heading to a power generating plant in another state, the red number board below the headlight lens was a result of changing the look a little on the railroad's big fleet of dual service 4-8-4s .

ATSF/BNSF Chilli Sub: CP-West Willow Springs

A Hotshot Willow Springs to Richmond, CA UPS train is ready to go off PAD #1 as a manifest off the BRC at Clearing Yard waits it's turn to head west across the first leg of the TRANSCON.

Back