USA Pics

Its just after 6:30 am on the Heritage Division of the BNSF in October 2004. With other older units slowly being repainted, some have been moved to this short but heavily graded part of the line to avoid them being repainted. Today's manifest freight features a rather surprising lashup on the point, featuring a BNSF SD60M, Oakway SD60, and two H2 C44-9Ws. (yes some of this is alternate history XD) A massive land clearing project will soon be underway near Vernon, as volunteers start work on a huge roundhouse to house the "Heritage Fleet", which will see a wide selection of locomotives being assigned here, thus preventing them from being repainted. Just a short way out of Vernon, all four diesels are slowly gaining speed as s manned helper set throws its two ex-SLSF GP38-2s into run-8 to keep this big freight from stalling on the grade out of Vernon. Later in the morning we catch the helper set uncoupling on the fly as the road engines continue on. About a half hour later, we again catch the lead power and the helper set crossing the curved trestle, a well known spot for railfans.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

we now see two steam engines haul a train of CSX hoppers along the mainline, I know this is not prototypical railroading but, after seeing the Ohio Central operations with steam on freight trains, why not have my railroad do the same thing.

Gary_E: Thank you :).

Nice pics guys.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

10ef5e72425bded46d599c551dc8d78d.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Eric....some Missouri Pacific action! Nice shots that little town looks great somewhere in Arkansas or Missouri I guess. Lighting or something is working well too! My shots always seem more cartoony than a lot of you folks work.

matt are you okay

Yeah, doing great. I just don’t have as much time to run trains anymore. I spend most of my Trainz time building. Work's been keeping me really busy, and I've just been getting caught up in other games.

matt

Last edited:
Sum really great work in here, Zetan your settings really bring out sum amazing vibes in your pics if that makes sense lol.
Cheers Mick.

Need to start a pure Chessie thread....N-O-S-T-A-L-G-I-A

Great shots, everyone
Love the Chessie shot.

My grandfather spent his working years employed by C&O. I never saw him without his dark blue work clothes and Chessie hat, even after retirement...wait a minute, yes I did...at his funeral. What a shame. He should have been buried in his work clothes; a suit just did not "fit" him!

Back