Page 2749 of 2749 FirstFirst ... 17492249264926992739274727482749
Results 41,221 to 41,232 of 41232

Thread: USA Pics

Playing around with some different in cab camera positions - all taken on JR's Legacy of the BN2.

From one I placed on the platform of RRMods CSX YN2 Model:

This one is built into RRMods BC Rail C44-9W:

... and of course I can't resist a sunset shot with JR's NS Maersk SD 40-2.

"EM Frimbo,World's Greatest Railroad Buff
    Rogers EM Whitaker Travelled 2,748,673.74 RR miles"
    Memorial Plaque at Cumbres Pass

Retro insight.

(fictionalized for cannon)

In 1999, organizations and corporations the world over were wringing their hands over the Y2K scare, fearing that computer servers and worldwide networks
    would succumb to failure come the arrival of the new century, as it was unknown if the literal transition from 2359hrs on December 31st 1999 to 0001hrs
    January 1st 2000 would trigger global pandemonium as computers would shut down. As we all know today, this luckily did not occur and the numbers flipped
    without any issue, ushering in a new decade of human advancement.

These photographs are now public domain, obtained via the company's Media and Communications team from a managerial email thread, discussing
    standards of operations across all operating divisions of the system in preparation for Y2K.

In lieu of nationwide concern over the transition into the 21st century, company paper, including systems, finance, and photographic records were of the upmost
    importance to keep and preserve in the case of world computers defaulting and melting down. Between April 9th 1999 and February 2nd 2000, both CLW
    and LWP systems synchronized their operational and organizational standards to prepare for the worst, lest the worlds global networks implode.

While this may seem mundane from a glance, it is an interesting look into a railroad reconciling and planning to keep their head on straight in the face of
    worldwide technological panic, and I thought I would share what could be considered an almost two decade old CLW time capsule.

In a all over-the-page email, CLW VP of operations Tom Vontry inquired to Chicago Division Terminal Manager R. Farnes, Calumet Yardmaster Ken Pochoki,
    Javelin team members, and other relevant bodies a status update and further information request on terminal properties within the Chicago city limits.

Everything posted here was selectively released for public domain.

Last edited by applegathc; July 14th, 2018 at 09:03 PM.
    New route ft. csxt17 - Lewiston & Pamona

Default Holly Sub Plus Detroit Connecting R.R.

Always wanted to try this for a long time, got bored this week and gave it a go, Merge was easy delete 1 board from Detroit Connection R.R map and merge, Have retextured it to match the other part, just something for a little fun for myself, still not perfect and doupt I could get permission to release it anyway.

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 90945

Just a view at the BN Shops.

WIP route..

Just a nice sunset on my AM route

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

United States of America, Maryland, Hurlock

The Delmarva Central Railroad begins it's day switching out the propane facility.

At 2 PM on July 16, 2018, we see the UP ZKCBR-16 beginning its assault on Sherman Hill, with the last two SP-painted AC4400CWs in service on point. (note, these are not the actual last SP units in service, but for the purposes of the session they are)
    Rest In Peace, Southern Pacific.
    Founded 1865
    Merged into UP 1996
    Last Unit Renumbered 6-28-2016

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm32 View Post
    The Delmarva Central Railroad begins it's day switching out the propane facility.
    Nice shots.

I like the colour scheme on those locos. Are they available somewhere?

Cheers,
    Piere.

In 1972, we see two SD9s pulling 6400 tons of coal southbound through Shippensport, Pennsylvania, averaging a speed of just 8 miles per hour, as they just got started out of a siding.
    Rest In Peace, Southern Pacific.
    Founded 1865
    Merged into UP 1996
    Last Unit Renumbered 6-28-2016

Blog Entries

12. Cool

I really like these old pictures,

They remind me so much of what I saw when I was growing up, SP and UP where my favorite Roads , before the merge of course, I would joke with folks, and say, I'd be happy to go give those poor old SP Units and a wash and paint touch up here and there, and I would promise, they don't don't even have to pay me........I just couldn't understand how a Railroad could let there stuff go out that dirty on the Road......

But that was 50 yrs ago, that was then, and this is now, older and wiser to what really caused this.......

Thanks for sharing your great pictures all, and thank you to the creators for some knock out routes, waiting to by the one coming up on JR Site.........

Eagle River , got to get my piggy bank and see how many pennies I have and then ask my Uncle to help me borrow some from him or work off the rest mowing his lawns........

Have a great day all, you sure made mine today..............