USA Pics

Superb shots escd84.

Thanks!
AAA WHY WON'T THE FORUM JUST LET ME SAY THANKS, I NEED TO PUT MORE THAN TEN CHARACTERS

Its to stop pointless messages and text/internet lingo. It also encourages contributing more to a discussion than just 'thanks'

Jamie

...It also encourages contributing more to a discussion than just 'thanks'

Jamie
I surely do wish that the forum gurus would enable the forum engine thanks capability (many forums now have the feature enabled). It would be great to hit the thanks button on good posts (without having to always create a "Great Shot!" post), saving a whole lot of forum entries.

1ba431633db4d0822d0edaf5bbc73089.png

It's 6:47am and the sun has just crested the Appalachian Mountains in backwoods Scott County, TN as NS 148 lays into the dynamics descending from Huffman. In opposite effect, the DPU on southbound NS 23G is cranked up in notch 8 shoving up the grade. Both trains are passing the swamps on the southwest corner of the former Glen Mary Coal & Coke Company property. This area was once a thriving coal, coke and lumber region. However, most of this has dried up since the late 1960's...but the trains roll on, as they always have.

Cheers,
Woody

I surely do wish that the forum gurus would enable the forum engine thanks capability (many forums now have the feature enabled). It would be great to hit the thanks button on good posts (without having to always create a "Great Shot!" post), saving a whole lot of forum entries.

That might not be possible. The forums run off a fairly heavily modified version of an older version of vBulletin. That feature might not have been originally available & if it was might have been removed. From my understanding it's fairly difficult for N3V to make changes to the board.

peter

Just for kicks, and since this will be happening in the flesh this June, here is 765 flying
down the Rock Island District with an excursion to Joliet at BRC 80th Street Junction...

Haven't posted here in a while :^)

Enjoy some shots of my unfinished route.

^^^ Finally got that crossing at the West Velvet S set up after 4+ months of putting it off...

^^^ Making sure it's fully functional so it doesn't cause great confusion and delay.
:p

^^^ Passing by East Twin Hill, known for its power substation and radio tower epicenter.

^^^ Two rare boxcars on an extremely delayed manifest going over Camville Junction. Shot taken from where the Interchange Drive grade crossing used to be.

^^^ Great confusion and delay near East Winston yard, on the other side on the triple track terminating at Camvile Junction. The power of a westbound sulfuric acid train suffered several mechanical failures, including the most obvious and notable one being the engine fire. Due to the severity of this fire, and the fact that sulfuric acid is not a thing to play around with, the cars were moved back east by backup EMD power that can not be seen from this angle. A manifest train with a solo SD70ACe was given permission to pass on the farthest track from the predicament on a 15 MPH limit. This was both because of the fire and the fact that it would have to wait for the local that was shown in one of my previous posts, as it was still waiting for a clear signal on the same track. The picture above the one explained in this paragraph was actually the manifest train finally getting a good signal and departing away from the mess.

^^^The new eastbound sulfur train with the emergency EMD power departing from Camville Juntion with a very colorful lash-up including both TMCX and CC&W power. The local can be seen in the background.

Keep note that this route is [still] not finished! (and it won't be for a long time!)

A Union Pacific manifest rolls through suburban Daneville with some power from the north.
Freshly repainted CN SD70M-2 #8012 has the leading duties, followed by 2 UP ES44's, a CN ES44, and a not-so-clean CN SD70M-2

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

it seems likely that some local residents can't get some sleep with this 4-car steam freight train rumbling past with one of the biggest steam engines at the point.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

steam continues to reign on the Waycross Georgia based Tidewater Western Railroad system despite the diesels taking over other railroads decades ago and here we see a 4-6-2 pacific leading a empty string of covered hoppers which are to be loaded on the same spur track on where they were sitting, note the other track and the rising sun in the background.

It's 7:31 AM at Tacoma Rail's Tide Flats Yard in New Tacoma, WA. Several TR units can be found switching the yard, with a couple full trains ready to depart and an empty intermodal ready to be loaded at Washington Union Terminals. A sharp eye will notice a rare BNSF unit in the shot. TR also contracts minor maintenance for both BNSF and UP units coming through, waiting to be put on full trains, so you'll find many UP, BNSF and occasionally CN and CSX units in the power servicing area.

If anyone is interested in the route I'm just going to say now that this route is a WIP and will be released as payware when it is completed.

This seriously took half an hour to set up lol

This route is in progress and will be released as Payware when it is completed.
07%3A31-AM-At-Tide-Flats-Yard.-A-sharp-eye-will-notice-a-rare-BNSF-unit-in-the-picture..jpg

B86E140BA43FA7A0F63BC2A8D9639B5C88681C7B

During the sunset, a metro train waits for the signal while on its way to union station
Taken from American Rails route (WIP)

Back