USA Pics

I have an amazing way to make those screenshots look one billion times better. Psst, don't tell anyone, it's not a well-know fact, actually it's a very closely-kept secret. But imma let you in on it so huddle close, they say to fufill the full gaming experience, they have these sites, they are third party, I can't say their names out loud for fear of being disappeared but hey shh, pay attention, check it out:

http://jointedrail.com/

http://www.rrmods.us/

I gotta run, they've already found m-

I gotta run, they've already found m-

RIP Markers... He just wanted people to have a nice lookin' train.

HNi98nA.png

Cheers,
SM

This is one Example of how not to run a Steam Railroad.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
This is a prime example of carelessness on how not to top off a big 4-8-4 northern such as the 8223 with the thick, nasty looking bunker C type oil with the tank of the tender where the oil should have been in the first place, being a few feet away, whoever was the 8223's fireman at the time of this incident probably will get an earful from the railroad's boss and will be forced to clean up the floor behind the cab.

Looks good, i tried reskinning JR stuff a couple times but never got any finished enough to put in a screenshot.

@malikrthr- Sorry about that, I didn't know if you had the P42s already, which was why i answered in a generic way. And for some reason i thought that JR had the NH one, but appears i was wrong.

BNSF9812: That is okay, no worries. I hope JR creates the P32AC-DM locomotive soon in Metro North and New Haven livery. It would be great if they create that locomotive since the P42 is identical to the P32AC-DM. They would probably need to change the physics a bit since the P42 is a bit more powerful than the P32AC-DM. I am going to see if I could attempt to create a reskin soon for Metro North and New Haven scheme on the P42

EL's hotshot NE-74 blasts overhead with 96 cars on some ex-Erie divided mainline trackage, destined for Maybrook Yard, and after a hand-off to the New Haven, Boston. Down below, PB-12 headed for Chicago, handles 82 cars today. Up front (out of the picture) a trio of Alco C424s are in command, still flying their as-delivered colors. It's only 1966, and yellow and black (along with first generation power) are plentiful, however the ex-Erie colors are giving way to the maroon and grey that the EL was known for. The caboose of PB-12, already flying the former DL&W colors, is a sign of things to come.

JPyyuYf.jpg

Last edited:
Hello jacksonbarno,
you have made a very nice screenshot! I especially like the impressive looking meadow which the screen indicates form this point of view. This superb looking environment brings up the viaduct and the trains to the mighty structures which they are. Your screen showes once again how important nice arranged environmental deatiles are :)

Your's TUME

Hello jacksonbarno,
you have made a very nice screenshot! I especially like the impressive looking meadow which the screen indicates form this point of view. This superb looking environment brings up the viaduct and the trains to the mighty structures which they are. Your screen showes once again how important nice arranged environmental deatiles are :)

Your's TUME

Thanks! I usually tend to do more urban stuff, but I figured that I would make this route much more rural in focus, with fewer (and much smaller) towns and interchanges. The TB series of forestry assets on the DLS really helps since good shrubbery and tree assets are generally pretty hard to find in this game. To me, cities and urban areas are more operationally interesting since they have more industries and trackage to work with when making sessions, but the vast vast majority of railroading was pretty much absolutely in the middle of nowhere.

I guess the trick is to still create the same operational functionality and realism without packing as much into a single given area. It also helps that in the 50's (when the route is set) even in the middle of nowhere there was still an abundance of branch lines and spurs, so there's still that to work with. Eventually I hope to expand this route a good amount and tie it in with my older urban modules, but we'll have to see how far I get.

A decapod leads an ordinary (Erie terminology for extra) made up of set-outs for various interchanges, through traffic for Chicago, and pretty much anything else the yardmaster could tie on the end.

nAXnUay.jpg

First time we've seen a Rocky Mountain Rocket reeling in like a rocket into the Trainz World. Is that magnificent EMD TA and her Rocket planned to be distributed as payware? Just asking.:)

Last edited:
Yes, this is my next payware train set, although this particular one is Kansas City Rocket set #1, with TA 605, the articulated set made up of the combine Arrow Head and coach Chippewa, and the coach-obs Minnesota. I've got all six Rockets as ordered, plus some of the renamed cars from 1938-39, and plans for a couple (but not necessarily all) of the variants on the TAs. It'll probably run $7.50 or $10.00, and includes consists for all six trains circa 1937 and the Rocky Mountain Rocket circa 1938 when the cars were renamed.

Upon the Rock Island Rocket pack's release, I'll maybe look into buying a copy. Regarding your Expo Flyer sets, I envy the fact that purchasing all three of them forms a rather nice pool of passenger equipment typical of the mid 20th century. Especially the chemistry between your Western Pacific equipment and Steve Lerro's/K&L's TP-29 4-6-0 ten-wheeler pack is spot-on. In the Steamshots thread, there are a few shots of both Lerro's WP 4-6-0 and your WP 4-8-2 pulling your matching passenger equipment.

I believe that the Exposition Flyer pack, out of both freeware and payware, are the best offerings that have ever come out on the Forge.

Last edited:
Back