USA Pics

norm --

"Have you been to Montana-Wyoming recently?"

Recently? Nope. In fact, never. Possibly the closest is a few years ago in autumn heading north out of Albuquerque. That was damn boring too. It was much more interesting passing through Silverton on the way to Telluride and then back through Dolores a few days later. The autumn colours were absolutely stunning. A wonderful experience.

Phil

Yup, nothing but miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles.

I can't travel anymore and boy I sure miss it. Ah well I still have the memories.

:D

deadpool_5a3c644ea096d.jpg
deadpool_5a3c644e34423.jpg
deadpool_5a3d4925e7c4d.jpg

2017-12-19%20153731.jpg

On loan to RP&P, a pair of Cross Creek GP40-2s sit at Parker after loading a string of coal hoppers.

2017-12-19%20154051.jpg

After navigating part of the river valley, the two GP40-2s venture onto the little used spur that formerly lead to Gilbert's Tipple, now used to store out of service rolling stock.

2017-12-19%20154449.jpg

Having collected all of the stored wagons, the two GP40-2s growl out of the spur. With some of the wagons having sat for some time, they will be taken back to Richmond for servicing and thorough checks before being placed back into service.

Regards
Zec

It's a cold foggy morning deep in Appalachia as the L&A's coal train #147 rolls through Nada KY. The passengers are waiting for one of the local commuters due in a few minutes to head into Levi for work.

Dave

Late in the day, restored SLRR S1 2604 and 2950/2951 and accompanying B-units rest up beside one of the many shops along the network for a brief photoshoot. They'll make their way down to the corporate headquarters later in time for the holidays if all goes according to plan.
38390145895_3d3f8354a3_o.png

On a side note, did anyone else know I had done ACe's and GEVOs in SLRR ph. 3? I made them and i didn't even know. This raises a lot of questions, doesn't it?

Cheers,
SM

Great Pics, especially the Farmer driving his Steam Powered tractor down the road next to a passing Steam Train too.

And the Hump Yard pics with old Espee Power..........Thanks for sharing.

Back