USA Pics

therock_5c4a097fc1a89.png

Taking lunch orders from the mechanical department early Thursday afternoon.

BONUS: pictured ghettoblaster music

Could I ask the name of this route that you're running I really like those desert colors on it.... thank you sir

That is The Potash Line by TPR <kuid2:3801:1001138:1> Potash Line on the DLS quite old but very nice.

I've done some modifications around the Moab mine but haven't done much else.

:D

That is The Potash Line by TPR <kuid2:3801:1001138:1> Potash Line on the DLS quite old but very nice.

:D

;) Thank you Sir......

:D Old does not bother me a bit, I have worked with colors like this to some extent, but I am not real good with them yet, and you know how your eye's see something and it just resonates with you, this Route looks so natural and vivid, and I appreciate you helping me out with the Source....

I had a good laugh on the name "MOAB" I wonder why they named it that, :hehe: I have lots of military friends, etc, and that name is acronym for a type of Bomb which is quite destructive to say the least.......Non-Nuclear too!!

I go and pick it up.............

:cool: Update:Or search username TalonTrulock on the DLS he has a DEM for the Moffat Route with the MOAB line connected just a bare bones DEM but he has the railway line textured so you can see where it goes. Massive route all up though doubt it would ever get finished even by a team of people working on it.
Cheers Mick.

Thanks Mick and Normhart for the valued information, I got the DEM Moffat and Potash Route,,,,,,,Really nice stuff......That DEM is huge really cool to explore even though most is Bare Bones,,,,,,HOG lines work really well for showing the correct spots to lay Rail.......

:( For some reason, the Potash Line Rail is broken all over the place, but I wonder if that is because it was for TANE and not TRS19, I see if I can do a Procedural Switch with the track?

Appreciate all the good info, and I read the MOAB article too,,,that is something, that 2 trains a day, and it won't finish till 2034.....That is some cleanup for sure..........:wave:

Last edited:

Or search username TalonTrulock on the DLS he has a DEM for the Moffat Route with the MOAB line connected just a bare bones DEM but he has the railway line textured so you can see where it goe's. Massive route all up though doubt it would ever get finished even by a team of people working on it.
Cheers Mick.

Or search username TalonTrulock on the DLS he has a DEM for the Moffat Route with the MOAB line connected just a bare bones DEM but he has the railway line textured so you can see where it goe's. Massive route all up though doubt it would ever get finished even by a team of people working on it.
Cheers Mick.

Jango has West from Denver for TRS19 well underway so that takes care of the eastern part of the DEM I believe. I think he is going at least to Bond although I'm not sure of that.

I had thought that potash trains were the only trains to run on the Potash Line, I was mistaken.

UMTRA trains on the Potash Line

https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/cleaning-up-moab-umtra-site-will-likely-top-1b/38911

About here, below Poison Spider Mesa, empty containers are removed from spine cars and full containers are loaded by gantry cranes.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

About here, near Crescent Junction, loaded containers are removed by reach stackers and empty containers are loaded onto the spine cars.

I'm still looking into this but it appears that each train is made up of around 40 spine cars and UP has around 80 plus spares at the Crescent Junction site. Not sure what locomotives make up these trains but it appears that they may have a switcher on site too. The train runs twice a week (about 60 miles round trip) and has been running since about 2009 and will be running until about 2032.

Spine cars and containers by davesnow repainted by btvfd, safety spacer gondola by rgcx, UP SD40T2s by MSP repainted by btvfd. :D

Last edited:
Still need the much maligned TANE to run all the legacy routes.

JRs Monongahela route

monongahela1.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Back