Page 2979 of 3001 FirstFirst ... 19792479287929292969297729782979298029812989 ... LastLast
Results 44,671 to 44,685 of 45015

Thread: USA Pics

United States of America, Texas, Round Rock

first ever screenshot in here... BNSF 7273 leads a loaded rock Northbound towards Temple out of McNeil, Texas.
    Trains aren't just a hobby, its a way of life

Thanks Maxwerks Playing around with the East Kentucky route, stripped the trees and textures, looks okay, but huge job that'll never get finished....

Default A Few More from the WIP

maxwerks
    there's an engine at the station
    and the whistle blows my name

Okay I think it's been awhile sense I posted a screenshot, but life has been busy with me

Blog Entries

Maxwerks what’s that route your building looks amazing hope is another California route or another Clovis route miss that one

Nice work there Clekev Dermmy would be wrapped seeing your work I think, Keeping an eye on this new project Maxwerks keep at it mate.
    Cheers Mick.

Thank you! It's the Stockton Terminal and Eastern in Stockton, California.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun_rt View Post
    Maxwerks what’s that route your building looks amazing hope is another California route or another Clovis route miss that one

maxwerks

Clekev, Jacksonbarno, and JDriver: Great stuff!

maxwerks

SLRR C801-1 eases north out of Bentree, WV. Two of the helpers broke down early in the trip and overworked the rest of the trains motors, but the timing couldn't have been worse - the train was stuck on a tunnel with a rather significant gradient. Thankfully for the crew, three units had been working a train in Alloy. They dropped their train and sped off south towards the stalled train. SD50s 4056 & 4044, with the unique one-off ph4c SD40-2 3872, latched onto the front and rescued the heavy coal train. The new leaders would remain with C801-1 until Boaz, where the now-DIT helpers were dropped off to be worked on and the electrics prepped for their next assignment.

The sun is edging nearer and nearer to the horizon as the train rolls past Chloe, WV.

Substation #8 at Mt. Zion can be seen in the background as the SD50s glide through the curve that will take the train back down this mountain. It's not a pleasant ride down that way, that's for sure!

There's nearly 26000hp on the head end of C801-1 as it descends the St. Marys' Grade, just one of the many treacherous grades on the West Virginian sub. It is, though, one of the easiest of the tough grades - an oxymoron if ever there was one.

Passing Pleasants Power Station at Willow Island, WV. Sometimes, trains drop off right at the power plant, other times they use the plants small yard to run-around their train to bring the coal up to Kammer Mitchell Power Plant, some 50 miles north. In this case, the coal will head straight to the yard at Boaz. Some of it will be exported, some of it will head to other industries for their own processing, and yet still some may end up in the power plant. There's enough coal left in the primary mines near Clear Creek to last the railroad and its customers for decades, but time will tell when the electrified conveyor belt will have run its course or not.

Cheers,
    SM

Nice shots - Are those E44s unreleased?

Blog Entries

Leo, is there a preference for running diesel powered units ahead of the electric?
    BNSF1238 on YouTube

Running an IC wheat train on a small model railroad style route I've been playing with.

Regards
    Zec

ZecRail Freelance D1s, Victorian Railways Type 4 DD and Type 4 D1s, and more also available.

Zecrail freeware DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.