USA Pics

An early morning freight is westbound for Salem, Oregon, and working through eastern Oregon before hitting the mountains and then the coast. Four SP "Black Widow" "Geep" 9s are the pulling power for this train.

0RsJH78j_o.jpg

A pair of SDL39's are working hard west of Marquette as they pass the parallel LS&I's Pine Hill scale on June 27, 1989. 588 and 585 have 15 cars behind them. This hill was always an operational headache for the DSS&A/SOO and finally WC. Trains were often doubled or even tripled from Marquette to Morgan.

Great lighting on these shots Ericmp! And I just gotta comment on this last shot. A station wagon with custom wheels! Love the wheels, but it looks like some custom fender work was required!

The engineering team at Chevrolet in charge of developing the Corvette used to take their dev cars out on the road from time to time to see how the latest mods were working. At such times, it was customary to have a diesel powered Suburban as a chase car / mobile workshop accompanying the 'vettes. Unfortunately, as you might imagine, it proved quite unable to keep up when the boys in the Corvettes started to open their throttles. The team's solution to this problem was to transfer the workshop into a Caprice wagon, after suitably upgrading both powertrain and suspension. It had custom wheels, too, and a small sticker on the tailgate bearing the legend "Wagons are made to haul things. This wagon is made to haul ASS!" :)

Forester1:
Thank you for your compliment!

64Warhorse:
Haha, that's a great story! Thanks a lot for sharing it.

D&H Alcos at Datsun Junction:

[FONT=&quot]
JyFWpBw.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
pcLdFaJ.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
VnvzQHe.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
dFtNIVW.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
JFvlRoe.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
V0ZMnYL.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
YxhpqFg.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
noIUp6X.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
88OdeQF.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
VeRMmd7.png
[/FONT]

Ericmp,
Those are really nice screenshots of the D&H. That's one road we see very little of, and they really look sharp on the Datsun route. I especially liked the yard shot, with all the different type diesels working there.:cool:

Heinrich505

dman26:
Thank you! And nice shots! I really like the colourful consist you have pictured.

Heinrich505:
Thank you! I agree, we don't see the D&H that often so this was a fun set to run.

BigBoyBen54 and spresley1515:
Great shots!

Next up, some ACL on a small route module I made several years ago:

oXN6qfK.png

6mp32IU.png

UxW7SXH.png

t1iZOA9.png

GEEvHPj.png

CAEOXif.png

msFoYKu.png

YH8rJCL.png

a12Tv6S.png

GhmRCZK.png

A very hearty second on that opinion from me as well!! I'm also particularly liking his "module" that he's using recently as well. It looks really nice and very well done. (I don't suppose this ever made it to the DLS? Certainly wishful thinking on my part.)

Thanks a lot guys! The module is not on the DLS, but perhaps one day I might get around to updating it with more recent assets (I originally made the module 5+ years ago and only did a few quick asset replacements for the screenshots) and uploading it.

Stay tuned for more screenshots coming soon!

Cheers,
ericmp

ATSF C30-7 8040 acting as a lead unit to a helper set headed to Bena passes by SP 9276, an SD45T-2, at Bealville, CA.
2021-06-02-071809.jpg

On a cool Saturday night at Mojave, A Kodachrome SDP45, an SD40T-2, another SDP45 and another SD40T-2 arrive with an empty coal train. The SDP45's had just been transferred here from the Peninsula.

2021-06-12-130701.jpg

Last edited:
Back