USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

A little different subject matter - planes! Added a small regional airport with many planes/ helicopters you can actually fly/drive. Most are from username Vulcan (they also made many Airport items, including runways and signage)
Regional-airport.jpg

Erickson-Skycrane.jpg

C-130-flying.jpg

C-130-flying-over-Clark-City.jpg

Cheers
Walter

CN 5659 South, slowly pulls into Necedah Wi. This wayfreight, CN L558, runs about 3-4 times a week down to Necedah. This Wednesday afternoon they'll spot the last two center flows at the ethanol plant. This former MILW Valley Line job out of Wisconsin Rapids should be called a Patrol.

LWP SD40-2 3028 cruises through Ditchman Amtrak station with an AEDSG on the pin.

The freight has just accepted a diverging approach to take the siding for TV-04,
CLW's prize trailer hotshot to Buffalo, NY from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

be684f866f3667a598e68df333398029.jpg

Some test screens of the game along the eastern portion of UMR2020. I was initially skeptical of how Trainz 2019 would look and perform compared to TANE....lets just say my RX Vega 56 can more than easily power this sim. Thoughts aside, recreation of Norfolk Southern Train 221 in 1980s guise races along the route with a trio of GP50s powering through the early morning sun.

Some test screens of the game along the eastern portion of UMR2020. I was initially skeptical of how Trainz 2019 would look and perform compared to TANE....lets just say my RX Vega 56 can more than easily power this sim. Thoughts aside, recreation of Norfolk Southern Train 221 in 1980s guise races along the route with a trio of GP50s powering through the early morning sun.

seems like you cared more about the rolling stock being era-accurate than the loads, and quite frankly, I like it that way. Seems too risky to modify config files of commodities to add more shapes.

The UP wasn't the only railroad to use a coal turbine. The L&A with help from Kentucky Turbines and the L&A's mad scientist design engineer's built 2 of these monsters for the lines flagship train, The Angel of the Winds a.k.a. The Angel. The Angel leaves Cincinnati at 3:05 PM and arrives in Charleston, SC at the L&A seaport.

The railroad bought an experimental centipede type locomotive from Baldwin minus the prime mover and replaced it with a fast firing high pressure boiler to supply the giant turbine.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

The L&A engineers found the turbine could easily power all the traction motors with help of a Turbo Encabulator.

After seeing the video I'm sure it's perfectly clear how it works so will with the L&A turbines :hehe:.

Dave

Last edited:
I bet that the historic coal turbine designs were more successful in your timeline since a shortage of oil fuelled further development and perfection of the technology. Probably also steam turbines like the PRR S2. Do you have any background in mind for the cause of low oil supplies?

The UP wasn't the only railroad to use a coal turbine. The L&A with help from Kentucky Turbines and the L&A's mad scientist design engineer's built 2 of these monsters for the lines flagship train, The Angel of the Winds a.k.a. The Angel. The Angel leaves Cincinnati at 3:05 PM and arrives in Charleston, SC at the L&A seaport.

The railroad bought an experimental centipede type locomotive from Baldwin minus the prime mover and replaced it with a fast firing high pressure boiler to supply the giant turbine.

The L&A engineers found the turbine could easily power all the traction motors with help of a Turbo Encabulator.

After seeing the video I'm sure it's perfectly clear how it works so will with the L&A turbines :hehe:.

Dave

I watched that video and didn't understand 99% of what that guy said.

Back