USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Empty Grain Train leaving №4 "El Mexicano" - at 9,752ft Mexico's longest Tunnel -, which, due to a constant 2,5% uphill grade, has a ventilation system similar to the Cascade Tunnel

2021-05-26-002436.jpg

2021-05-26-001348.jpg

And some FSRR Hi Rail...

2021-05-26-012429.jpg

Last edited:
More like a serious "getting a rock thrown at you" issue i'd say. Typical Mexico :eek:

Hmm, if the Mexican glazing standards are anything like the US ones (cinder block at 60mph) then I guess we should salute the Mexican public for their, errr ... vigour ... Although now that I think of it, we did briefly have an issue here in my hometown in Canada with a couple of local kids dropping manhole covers (!) onto unsuspecting cars from highway overpasses. :eek:

A typical "Inside Gateway" lash-up rolls through the yard on its way south.

While the same train rolled by, I was able to grab a shot of the caboose with a NP U25C idling at the engine facility.

Hmm, if the Mexican glazing standards are anything like the US ones (cinder block at 60mph) then I guess we should salute the Mexican public for their, errr ... vigour ... Although now that I think of it, we did briefly have an issue here in my hometown in Canada with a couple of local kids dropping manhole covers (!) onto unsuspecting cars from highway overpasses. :eek:

Well i think they are more concerned about having to replace the glass every 5 trips due to cracks and scrapes, not it actually breaking. And yes, as a train engineer myself, i can say that "kids" these days have too much time and too less brain.

Patio de Ferrosur, Orizaba, Veracruz

2021-05-31-235146.jpg

In July of 1992, an SP helper set slows to a stop at Woodford, CA to wait for another train to pass.
2021-05-15-154704.jpg
SP Train WCKCM comes in to view with 2 SD50's on point. The SP only had a few of these, inherited from the DRGW.
2021-05-15-154848.jpg

Back