Page 2987 of 2992 FirstFirst ... 1987248728872937297729852986298729882989 ... LastLast
Results 44,791 to 44,805 of 44866

Thread: USA Pics

Quote Originally Posted by flusi737 View Post

Ab-so-lutely incredible!

Stunning beyond words.

Cheers,
    Piere.

That well and truly is a stunning scene, very well done given the tools and assets available.

-

Various scenes & locations-

Two PRR I1sa's hold back a string of coal cars on one of the Lizemores viaducts during the waning years of steam operations.

Nearly two decades later, SLRR took over the entire division and switched the power to electric. For a time, though, it was all diesel. Four SD40-2s lead in empties and beat up hoppers full of blasting powder past the Colcord Spur. Regulations on the placement of the cars are a bit... lax, at least at this point in time. An accident a few years later would change that shortly.

Empties and blasting powder alike roll into Clear Creek on the deceptive track grades - the train is on mostly level ground despite the high grade appearance.

Back at the junction for the Colcord Spur, a work train enters the spur itself. Though traffic is expected to be little, the removal of the old PRR H21s and GLas showed the trackage to be in far worse condition than previously anticipated. The worst areas will be patched up for the time being, but until any traffic appears on the line, little else will be done.

Later still and halfway across the country, SD60 #4513 is in charge of Y107-1, an intermodal train from Chicago to Indianapolis. At Pontiac, IL, the train leaves the Alton and joins the Champaign Sub. With the only slow order in Terre Haute, Y107-1 will be done before the sun even begins to set.

The Milwaukee Road in Indiana, shortly before abandoning the entire Terre Haute division under the new ownership of GE. The right-of-way is collapsing fast and the traffic isn't significant enough to warrant continuing to operate the line.

Cheers,
    SM

<works of art removed>
    Wow! That really is incredible work. Well done, sir!!

And great shots, lego207! Your route looks awesome!

I'm sorry to sound like "that guy", but is there any chance your masterpiece might be available to purchase some time? Or is it a private project?

Again. Stunning work.

Cheers,
    Piere.

Fabulous shots, all!

Gisa
    "Build it and they will come..."

United States of America, Massachusetts, Deerfield

On Today! Runby Of BNSF OCS And A Amtrak Coast Starlight Trains

Here are the Pics

I Like Trains Planes And Other Stuff!

Enjoy!

Kenny
    "The Dutch Line"

Quote Originally Posted by Piere View Post
    I'm sorry to sound like "that guy", but is there any chance your masterpiece might be available to purchase some time? Or is it a private project?

Again. Stunning work.

Cheers,
    Piere.

Thanks everyone, it's a private project. This level of detail isn't playable, it's a slideshow even on a high end machine. Consider it a demo of what's possible, but not usable

~ Felix
    - BNSF Butte Subdivision -
    (All Beta spots filled at the moment)

Thanks everyone, it's a private project. This level of detail isn't playable, it's a slideshow even on a high end machine. Consider it a demo of what's possible, but not usable

~ Felix
    Well, it's a slideshow that I really enjoy.

Thanks again for sharing the pics, and I hope we can see some more in the future. It looks incredible.

Cheers,
    Piere.

Blog Entries

Will there be a version of that route by you that will be released?

Historical route Wilkes-Barre, around 1950. Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley Railroad.

Originally I started this project with 90lb rail procedural track as 90lb rail is what was historically used, however it made my computer run hot so I changed back to my lower poly track. Here we see trolley #33 (a pweiser creation) leaving the Wilkes-Barre Passenger Station filled with passengers. I'm trying to find a way to make this station passenger interactive but I'm having a hard time due to the loop of the track.

Here we see more of the L&WV rail yard. The tracks to the right of the scene are that of the Lehigh Valley's main line. We see a LV unit unload some cars onto an interchange track the LV had with the L&WV. The rest of the L&WV yard buildings consisted of meat dressing plants, Lehigh Beef Co, Wilson & Company and Swift & Company. All the tracks and building were modeled from Ed Miller's photos. Ed documented the last few decades of the L&WV's existence through many photos. If it wasn't for Ed's photos, this project could never have been started.

Freight Motor #402 (another pweiser creation) is moving in some coal cars. A common sight along the line, however most freight was meat and produce. All industries in the yard have been set up to be interactive.

A view from the Lehigh Beef dock. I made a small scale house that will be hitting the DLStation soon.

Here we see #33 leaving the Wilkes-Barre rail yard and making a 90 degree turn as it heads toward the River Street stop. This is the next area to be worked on. As you can see I've got one more building that needed to finish in the yard. There is a triangle shaped building that isn't textured. This was a storage building for the Swift Company. The problem is I have no reference of what the building looked like. Trying to find pictures of "old Wilkes-Barre" isn't an easy task. This is the problem with trying to make a semi historically accurate route. I can understand why people choose to make fictional routes or modern routes instead.
    Last edited by BlackDiamond1964; April 24th, 2021 at 02:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Fantastic work . Love seeing this . Well done.

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Great to see this update, it really brings you efforts together and looks outstanding!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Great to see this update, it really brings you efforts together and looks outstanding!
    Thanks, one more building and the yard area will be finished once and for all. Then I can move to the next section which will see the L&WV main line pass through the streets of Wilkes-Barre.