USA Pics

It's getting late in the afternoon as Chicago Rail Link #18 waits for the tugboat Mary Jane 2 to pass and the Calumet River Lift Bridge to close.

Chicago-Rail-Link-%2318-waits-for-the-tugboat-Mary-Jane-2-to-pass-and-the-Calumet-River-liftbridge-to-close..jpg

Good to see ya back Jim, any updates on the routes you been doing back in the day?
Thanks W, good to be here.The North Central Colorado route got put on hold due to losing so many pictures taken over the course of a few years from taking long walks down abandoned tracks. Those pics were necessary for making content the way it was intended. I could have continued without them but it was too depressing, knowing it could have been so much better.
So I still have all the track laid from south of Longmont, Co all the way up to the Air Force base north of Cheyenne, WY.....with only partial scenery done. After a few years of neglect, I've managed to keep it on my PC and prevent it from being sent to Scranton to have it scrapped. Since then I went to the north east to start fresh on another route.

Keep up the good work, W . Going back over a decade, I've always enjoyed your screen shots being they remind me of the good times when I was there. Pics just keeps getting better and better !

Last edited:
Crossing Accident and Fire

When I have two days off in a row, and the weather is rather nasty outside...I get creative and turn my thoughts towards Trainz. I am a bit of a story-teller and like creating a scene that has a story behind it. So, here's the news:

NBC Newschannel 5 has just obtained still photos from the scene of a nasty railroad crossing accident and fire. Chicago Fire Department chief relayed these facts: About 2:30pm, an car attempted to beat a Chicago Rail Link train at the crossing near 101st Street and Torrance Ave. The car collided with a tanker truck. When firefighters arrived on the scene, both the tanker and car were on fire. Miraculously, no one was seriously injured. Fire Officials hope to have the scene cleared and open to traffic by morning rush hour.

Accident-and-Fire.jpg

Crossing-Accident.jpg

And here's the photo that will be on the front page of the Chicago Tribune:
Newspaper-Photo-of-Accident.jpg

More details as well as video from the scene at the NewsWatch 5 news at 10:00pm

Nice shots and story Jeff. Well done!

Just some more shots from my fictional Muncy Valley RR this time near the LTC Co-Op, a small operation set up with county funds on an old piece of property which had rail service to a small grain operation and old factory which were both in disrepair. They are all thriving now with less than carload service as well as new owners of the existing disused properties. New tenants have also added to its success.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers
Walter

Last edited:
Different trains, different times, same route.

ex-SP 9423 leads four other motors on empties southbound through the S-curve at Chloe, WV.
SBYGwKE.jpg

Dynamics howl as the train descends the twisting and winding gradient of the southern slope on the Independence Grade.
h4XFnOr.jpg

-

A loaner from the N&W serves as extra power on these southbound empties through Cambria, WV.
TT99Dxm.jpg

A rare burst of speed at the Mahan Tunnel's southwestern portal.
TePqRKz.jpg

Back in Dixie, an SD50 takes charge at the old Position Light signals on approach towards the Dixie Siding.
IDpGtR7.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words

Awesome shots, the grass tufts in that last image, are they available anywhere?

The grass in those shots is a reskin of one of the JVC NE/GR grasses which is on the DLS: <kuid:328583:100316> JVC-(NE/Gr.)Dark Green04/Dense

Highly recommend all of the JVC-(NE/GR) assets, really great stuff there!

--

Finally installing the right tunnels into this area, redoing some sections of the embankments, fixing splines...

UTJTAxp.jpg

Meanwhile, on the Illinois Central, we vibe at South Tolono, IL

vyyCqzc.jpg

wFg5leR.jpg

Foreigner!
3cq9Q2i.jpg

Parnell, IL
6jQiLGL.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Back