USA Pics

Thanks, normhart! It's a fun project to use as my creative outlet for this sort of thing. I've spent untold hours during this corona-quarantine-thing doing up rosters, updating skins, and just the other day I cranked out a 19 page backstory for the entire electrified line. Just trying to find that happy balance between realistic and fantasy, where in my little monochrome-based world (lol) I can keep and play with the things that you just can't do in real life anymore. It's a good time!

--

Silver Lines was pretty hungry for good motive power in the 60s, picking up and trying just about any motive power it could find. It was hard to live up to steam, where what one locomotive could pull now took sometimes three or four. GP30s were a 1963 addition to the roster and were well received, but the railroad still needed just plain more. The SLRR owned 25 GP30s, which were rebuilt between 1987 and 1988. In the late 90s and early 2000s, 7 of them were lost to the scrappers torch, though the remaining units still see some use today.

Here, we find a lengthy lashup of a bunch of classic EMDs heading upgrade in southeastern Ohio somewhere around 1967.

owVJiX9.jpg

6Xznwkt.jpg

5hTBDhV.jpg

Cheers,
SM

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It is 1990, and this old 1922 Baldwin Built 2-8-2 was switching cuts of cars when a yard switch was not lined up correctly which resulted in the engine's derailment but, it was re-railed along with the some cars that also derailed, thankfully, this was a slow speed one, no damage was done and work resumes on making up the coal train for loading and for the mainline, lets just hope that no more accidents such as the one that involved the antique steam locomotive never happens again, that is the kind of things that makes the railroad management absolutely furious.

Last edited:
A CSX train passes through Iris coal shuttling loads to Lehigh, FL with carload for various spots on the Homestead Sub.

20200427025029-1-copy.jpg

A few hours later, FEC 202 blasts off towards Hialeah. They had a "slow order" so I beat them to Little River Wye.

20200427025816-1-copy.jpg

20200427030754-1-copy.jpg

It's pretty cool that my signals cast shadows filtered by the capabilities of the TANE engine, creating a sick dapple effect on the trains when they pass. However, several textures and assets were left out by the mass importation so some huge changes are coming.

John
The cars come with the drive-in which made it into TRS19 with my route and session. The cars don't appear until 9:00 PM (AKA 2100 hours)
Hope that helps

G

and I saw that it's a magicland asset.
What route is it anyhow? "Northern Pacific Billings and Laurel Yards" perhaps?

Last edited:
On the Mojave Subdivision, three UP EMD SD70ACe, with Heritage Unit 1996 in the lead, work a Department of Defense train consisting of Abram tanks and M113 APCs.

Back