USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Metrolink heading towards Mckenzie Airport

Bound for the small mine at Nebo, two SD40s run light at MP 90.7, home of one of the only US&S R2 signals on the West Virginian division. The PL was damaged and pulled down a few weeks before thanks to dragging equipment on a run-through Penn Central freight.

AEilBfe.jpg

A work train cruises by while the SD40s work the gritty mine track. The mine was built some time after the tracks were put in, making a route into the mine a bit of a tight squeeze.

FRweYLB.jpg

Returning north at speed.

FmbMcsO.jpg

Catenary construction is well under way at Chloe, WV. Another 88 miles north and the short coal train, C827-1, will have completed its journey.

KbzHuGf.jpg

Cheers,
SM

WC southbound freight L012, headed from Tomahawk to Stevens Point lead by 2, SD45s and a GP30, is on the "Valley Subdivision" which is the former Milwaukee Road line that stretched north from their mainline at New Lisbon. The train has interchanged with the Tomahawk Railway (formerly the Marinette Tomahawk & Western) and will work at Merrill and Wausau before arriving at Junction City, taking the connection track to the former Soo Line there, and running the last few miles into Stevens Point. Then these cars will be sorted into "East" cars that will continue to Neenah and Fond du Lac, and "West" cars that will head to points like Wisconsin Rapids, Minneapolis, or Superior.

woodforest bank check deposit

On this hot, muggy summer afternoon, we catch Frisco freight #928 with a rare UP SDP35 in the consist.

Further down the line, we catch the same train heading past the Frisco freight depot with a SW1500 switching the large Mid-America grain elevator.

snip snip

I sometimes forget I made that route available for download lol man its old, comparing that to the new route I've replaced it with makes for quite the show

-

Geeps move coal out of Nebo, while SD40s shove empties past the mine.

2j82FN1.jpg

1970, when the junked, clapped-out GE Motors / Boxcabs began to arrive en masse at Boaz. The new shops are already beginning to fill up, where the engines will be stripped to the frame - and given a new frame! Two years later, they'd all prowl around under their own power. Before that, FM H12-44s and other switchers have to move the ancient locomotives to their respective shops.

eehKkoU.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Ex Talgos coming from Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, and NY Penn on their way to the maintenance facility in Wilmington with a Shinkansen in the back. HHP-8s took over the P42s at NY Penn from there to the maintenance factory in Wilmington to get scrapped.

Last edited:
[pic removed]

Ex Talgos coming from Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, and NY Penn on their way to Beech Grove maintenance facility with a Shinkansen in the back. HHP-8s took over the P42s at NY Penn while the P42s will take over the HHP-8s at Washington DC Union Station to Beech Grove to get scrapped.

That must be a rather overpowered consist. If I do the math correctly the two HHP's total 16,000 HP in the consist. A single F59 could take one talgo trainset and the F59 outputs 3200 HP. So I'm betting a single Rhino could haul that entire train.

Back