USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

What you're seeing is what's on the other side of the locomotive. The intakes for the radiators on tunnelmotors were wide open behind mesh grillwork to try to pull cooler air up into the radiators for more effective cooling, especially in enclosed spaces such as tunnels, hence the name.

Jango,
Beautiful shots. Is your West From Denver work in progress route going through the canyon and then into Glenwood Springs? I’ve driven that route many times. Your screenshots look familiar.

Heinrich505

No, Hot Sulphur Springs....Colorado river canyon.

Hmmm. Hot Sulphur Springs, eh? Not too far from where the amazing Rollins Pass route for the DNW&P stops.

If you push along the river just a bit further to the west, the canyon that leads to Glenwood Springs is amazing. I've always hoped someone would model that for Trainz. It would be spectacular, and Glenwood Springs would be quite the town to model.

Well before they had the new highway running through the canyon, I would take the Greyhound from Univ. of Nebraska in Lincoln, Nebraska to Glenwood Springs to visit with my sister for Thanksgiving Break. Going through that canyon was crazy, as it was mostly a two lane highway, with the train tracks on the other side of the river for most of the way. I came though there once and saw two Geep 40s laying on their side, almost in the river. They'd derailed and were lucky they didn't end up swimming.

Hmmm. Hot Sulphur Springs, eh? Not too far from where the amazing Rollins Pass route for the DNW&P stops.

If you push along the river just a bit further to the west, the canyon that leads to Glenwood Springs is amazing. I've always hoped someone would model that for Trainz. It would be spectacular, and Glenwood Springs would be quite the town to model.

Just a bit further west? Nearly 70 miles as the crow flies and quite a bit longer as the tracks follow the river, that would effectively double the length of route. It is important to realize that Jango is rebuilding the entire section from Denver to Tolland which is nearly twice the length of Rollins Pass Route alone as well as rebuilding the section from West Portal to Granby . When you add in modernizing track and track plans, adding seasonal capability, and converting all the flora and textures I am frankly amazed that he is extending the route at all.

Last edited:
Yep Norm, tongue in cheek - I know the distances. ;) If anything, it is just wishful thinking - it wasn't a request. Who knows? Maybe when I retire I might have the skills for doing Glenwood Canyon myself.

Jango has a herculean task ahead with what he is doing. And when he finishes it, it will come out magical. I've still only scratched the surface with Rollins Pass. This new project of his will be great too.

Normhart
What route is that?

That is <kuid2:73500:100796:1> Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route by jrfolco on the DLS. It has ten or more container load/unload locations. :D That is at the port, there are intermodal industries scattered across Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Requires a pretty beefy system to run well. In the fourth shot you can see the automobile docks in the distance, they're a real FPS hog.

Glad to hear you are considering making some consists for your Gunderson sets.

Last edited:
Back