USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Looking east along the Belt Railway of Chicago in Forest Hill, Chicago, at 75th Street crossing. Who can name the other three railroads?

29186324_10157079829303368_5860699359030526529_n.jpg

Walnuts I believe.

Walnut is used by CSX in downtown Dalton, Georgia to designate the location where the Norfolk Southern and CSX mainlines between Chattanooga and Atlanta cross each other. It gets it name from Walnut Avenue, which is the main east-west artery in Dalton that crosses over the NS & CSX mainline just a half mile to the south of the crossing on a tall 4-lane bridge. If you're going to railfan Dalton, Walnut Avenue is the road where most of the places to eat is on.

Walnut is used by CSX in downtown Dalton, Georgia to designate the location where the Norfolk Southern and CSX mainlines between Chattanooga and Atlanta cross each other. It gets it name from Walnut Avenue, which is the main east-west artery in Dalton that crosses over the NS & CSX mainline just a half mile to the south of the crossing on a tall 4-lane bridge. If you're going to railfan Dalton, Walnut Avenue is the road where most of the places to eat is on.

Wait. Whats that got to do with walnuts being in chocolate chip cookies?

Wait. Whats that got to do with walnuts being in chocolate chip cookies?

Walnuts is the plural version of walnut. Plus, that popped into my head as I read your post. How Walnut Avenue, which gives its name to the control point (CP) Walnut, got its name, I have no idea, unless it used to be lined with walnut trees in the past.

Last edited:
Back