USA Pics

Great Eagle River shots guys, good to see the rails are still shiny on your copies...

Aaarrgh! Don't tell me you're working on a TRS19 update to Eagle River?! I'm in the middle of combining the original one (with my own mods) into something of a "Scratchy mega route" right now. ;)

Always great to see your work.

Cheers,
Piere.

Shout out to matruck for the awesome Frisco sand tower reskin!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A SLSF freight meets a MP transfer job at Datsun Junction on humid summer day in the 1970s.

So I found this route named Desert Mountain Plains. It's an old map made back probably in TRS2006 or 2009, I thought it making it look like new.

There is also a lack signals along the tracks. As I passed one of the signals, there was not another signal for 12 milles

Thanks for the compliment on the sand tower Dman26 that sand tower is now on the DLS too mate, Nice screenies too.
Cheers Mick.:)

Rock Island Extra #106 East passes the camera doing 25 mph, a standard for the Rock in the mid-70's.

2021-08-02-074506.jpg

Next up, a brave railfan keeps chase with Rock Island Extra #4792 West as it passes the camera on the outskirts of town.

2021-08-02-081950.jpg

A Rock Island local headed by GP18 #1344 waits "In the hole" for an upcoming train.

2021-08-02-082626.jpg

Here comes that train. Rock Island Extra #394 East passes the local with an eclectic mix of power on the point, a GP40, SW1500 and a GP35.

2021-08-02-082655.jpg

PRR six-axles had a short reign on the mountainous route, though by the time Penn Central became reality, traffic had been relegated to the old four axles.

19DC6m4.jpg

Not even a decade later and the route was much busier and with many more motors online than the Pennsy ever utilized on the same trackage. As catenary is all strung out across the three divisions, the railroads six-axles are pressed into service in great numbers to help move the huge influx of traffic. SD40s and SD45s have become a staple, but the 125 new SD40-2s are already well-loved on the steep and winding mountain route. In a few years, despite electrics going strong, the railroad will order an additional 250 to supplement them all.

Here, seven of the SD40/45/40-2s lead empties across the West Virginian division as a bonus power-move. The return trip will see all seven and then some, stretched to their limits, to move back up the even steeper northbound grades.

u5tFuM9.jpg

7oBhjU2.jpg

RluLINn.jpg

VQXDRSi.jpg

xZ73O5m.jpg

AYK2nTR.jpg

vC4hrse.jpg

And meanwhile, back in the midwest, SLRR 2955 hosts a special guest as the northbound train rockets through Fisher, IL. One of a handful of the railroads S4s - only twelve on the roster - leads a GP9, both in their now dying breed of phase 1 paint, putter towards the grain elevator with a short collection of hoppers to be loaded.

ige1gD8.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Milwaukee Road Dead Freight East and a helper unit meet in the Pacific Northwest on a fall afternoon.

A shot of the caboose at the rear of Dead Freight East.

Great shots. I was looking at them and was thinking they look like davesnow's assets, then I looked who posted the pictures it is:hehe:.

Back