USA Pics

July, 1995. A UP intermodal train with two ex-CNW Dash-9s leading passes over an empty BN coal train headed back to the mines.
b6L7aQk.jpg

4yjnjgW.jpg

Great pics, and even greater locomotive trainman! And yes, I for one would definitely love to see a T&E thread :wave:

cheers, ns2616

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where could I find the tunnel in the background, if available at all? I have been looking for decent tunnels that have sufficient clearance lately. Great screenshot and thank you in advance!

Anyways, enjoy a miscellaneous screenshot...

A repo move of baretables from Silver Lines' IMX Yard a few miles south to GTW's RailPort Yard is underway,
seen taking the east connector track at Ash Street crossing and passing Brighton Park crossing on the old CJ.

Nice 4-8-4, did you base it off of anything in particular? When I build mine I'm going to base it of the detailed drawings o have of WM 4-8-4s.-Ben
I used the frame and wheels from my ATSF 2900 class. Modified the front to resemble WM and gave it Frisco torpedo tubes.

A repo move of baretables from Silver Lines' IMX Yard a few miles south to GTW's RailPort Yard is underway,
seen taking the east connector track at Ash Street crossing and passing Brighton Park crossing on the old CJ.

Where'd you get that version of the tower?

Speaking of Tennesseean 4-8-4's, here is a real one I am trying to garner support for.

19466574_1332314216887898_8599220933187197481_o.jpg

And down here are some of the streamlined bulldogs that replaced her. Would like to get the ARN text centered if scripting is suitable, and find a way to take the steam genny attachments off of the A Unit and onto the B Unit.

19488804_1332314173554569_7555200692093172260_o.jpg

The steam generators are separate meshes, so you should just be able to copy+paste. No attachments needed.
As far as ARN goes, you should be able to copy the arn.im file out of the NYO&W F3a and into your asset.
Finally, you've left your grille shadows on. :p They're fairly easy to remove so I'd suggest doing as much. Let me know if you want any access to the skin kits I used to make the F3B.

Another screensaver thanks Kimo lol, Nice work mate.
Cheers Mick.:)

Thank you, glad you enjoy them. :)

Nice pic. Hey Kimo505 what is the name of the bridge you are using in your pic?

It's kit-bashed. Using NZR RSJ bridge and Dm-railing 3a zinc @ DLS, and ATSF 100 lb trestle @ The Erecting Hall East Coast trainz page.
The abutment is kit-bashed with DS Dirty concrete wall @ DLS.

Gorgeous shot Kimo! I would love to know what ground textures you use for these southwestern vistas

Thank you. I throw every thing in but the kitchen sink. I blend textures a lot to achieve the look I want, and sorry to say, IMO, these textures look better in T12 than in Tane. Some of these textures I use I can't even get them to show up in Tane. I think Tane is more for those who prefer greener pastures. These are some of the more obvious textures seen in my pic.

JS A, B set text. Firstsoloflight @ DLS

TR rocky grass, TR soil. HD Text pack @ JR

JVC RM(Rocky Mountain) Text. Payware

Donner Pass Text. Trainzitalia Payware

Mudflat Text. Built-in

...And lots more mixed in there.

So sorry for the late reply, been a busy week.

c91f704f6f9113dfe3c1760282da90d5.jpg

Last edited:
Back