USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

@pontenicius

Thank you. The route is a highly modified version of Dermmy's East Kentucky 3 for personal use. His route can be found hosted over on The Erecting Hall website. I've replaced much of the signaling, track, ground textures and roads. I've applied superelevation along all trackage, replaced every rail crossing and replaced all trees on the route.

My copy of the game is on my hard drive, but I did mess around with my graphics settings within my AMD Radeon software to improve the texture streaming.
Many thanks for your reply.Congrat on the modifications,this route has something special in my opinion!regards

June 9th, 1987. CSX trackage rights coal train rolls south through Sliprock, VA, with a former Chessie SD50 on point. CSX had assigned the vast majority of their SD50 fleet to the coalfields, and it wasn't uncommon to see up to 5 of them powering coal trains in Seaboard System and Chessie paint.

At the time of this photo, CSX has had trackage rights over NS rails between Big Rock, VA and Cisco, TN for just almost 2 years. For the first few months of this operation, trains carried cabooses at both ends to facilitate a runaround move onto the NS mainline, but in February of the previous year, a $7M bridge and connection was built over the Powell River that eliminated this move, shortened the trip by 4 miles, and allowed CSX to abandon an additional 13 miles of mainline. Although it's not visible, this train IS still carrying a caboose: the state of Virginia had a law on the books requiring them up until 1988.

rEKV38g.jpg

On this hot and humid day and with a severe storm approaching, we catch WSOR L249 trying to hurry to beat the storm, as it switches out the interchange with the CN at Ackerville. After switching out cars, they'll continue back east to Milwaukee. In the foreground, CN Q116 holds the siding on the Waukesha Sub.

On this hot and humid day and with a severe storm approaching, we catch WSOR L249 trying to hurry to beat the storm, as it switches out the interchange with the CN at Ackerville. After switching out cars, they'll continue back east to Milwaukee. In the foreground, CN Q116 holds the siding on the Waukesha Sub.
am I the only one who's tired of seeing the same Jointed Rail 53ft wellcars in every train now?

they're not bad actually
problem is we don't have enough wellcars that are 40ft or ribbed side or experimental looking
dttx73355Cgga.jpg

ottx62668c-asb.jpg

Last edited:
they're not bad actually
problem is we don't have enough wellcars that are 40ft or ribbed side or experimental looking

I feel you. So many of the double stacks along the Thayer South Sub are made up mostly or entirely of the 40ft wellcars. Here's hoping that we'll be blessed with some in Trainz one of these days!

Also, great shots Eric!

Back