USA Pics

Those SD45s look sweet!

Tonight, I caught a WM freight blowing through Parker.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Don't forget the caboose.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A Loaded coal train C-ATWS9 UP-CN (Weston bound) heads out of Adams and on its way to Weston's power plant south of Wausau, WI. We then caught it going around the loop track at Necedah, Wisconsin coming off the UP's ex-CNW Adams Line and entering the ex-MILW CN rails, they will go as far as Whitt siding before tying the train down for delivery to a CN crew. At Necedah, the via a connection track that loops right around allows the train to pass right under itself, similar to the UP's Tehachapi Loop in California.

Some time in the 1980's, in an alternate universe where the SPSF merger existed and the UB had trackage rights over Tehachapi..

3 Geeps lead an empty coal train for Mojave to be transferred to the SPSF for travel over Cajon Pass. Somehow these little Geeps managed to get up to 80 miles an hour. In the early 80's, the UB upgraded their Geeps and SD's with microcontrollers that controlled the speed of the train without causing runaways, enabling the UB to run 10 mph faster without deadly penalty, basically creating GP35-2's, SD40-3's, SD45-2's, SD50-2's, SD60M-2's and the list goes on , much before railroads considered it 'cool'. This ensured quality and fast service throughout the west coast, making the UB a proven Class I railroad in North America.
2021-10-10-194923.jpg

2021-10-10-195059.jpg

2021-10-10-195154.jpg

2021-10-10-195400.jpg

2021-10-10-195416.jpg

Last edited:
DARTrider... Looks good on that route. Could always use more Utah Belt... with proper Gyralights of course.

Thanks! I've been trying my hand at making UB equipment these past few days, made some F units, gonna try an AS-16 next. Maybe an SD35? Only time will tell....
If only JR re-released the UB SD40-2's, I'd have a nice consist to mess with!

Back