USA Pics

I love your Silver Lines electrics! Since you can't get the OK to distribute them have you considered looking at repainting some of pweiser's electric locomotives? https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?156231-PWeiser-New-Contents-Site

Thanks, norm! I've had a look at those, but none of them are really suitable for my project. Only the NH E33/EF4 is a canon locomotive on the SLRR roster and I've already got a different mesh I'll be using for that in the future. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

--

SLRR SD38 #3013 shuffles some log cars back to be unloaded. At the Dixie Lumber Facility, SLRR took over from the PRR and later Penn Central to operate the site, where logs go in and both lumber and woodchips come out. It's 1970 - in two years, this same facility will see wires overhead and an EF-1 will take over switching at times.
xKC19yA.jpg

Cheers,
SM

LBRY job AYBL-1 coasts towards the Birchleaf interchange with 90 cars of coal for the GSS. Loving how this route is coming along, and great shots everyone!

6V7CCix.jpg

On a late afternoon of July 7th, 2000, we catch a Wisconsin Central train L018, heading south out of Bradley, towards Wausau, on WCs Valley subdivision..Today's power is 3 ex-FRV GP9s.

SLRR took ownership of 115 GP38-2s throughout 1972. These venerable four-axles still remain in service today. While they're often more suited for local work now, there was a time in the 70s and 80s especially when they led road trains anywhere and everywhere across the railroad's network.

Here, we follow GP38-2s 3157 and 3153, as well as SD40-2 3904 and SD38 3015, as they make their way through Chloe, Hartland, Independence Summit, and Bentree - all in West Virginia.

oZYpItP.jpg

tRVI7IK.jpg

zl0mDAp.jpg

7EX1Mp1.jpg

0F23ExV.jpg

0duViHk.jpg

And just for the hell of it, a little non monochrome bonus:

J81eLYD.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Last edited:
Beautiful shots Lego207! Very nice indeed.

Alan

Thank you!

@ lego207 Question what type of track and embankment are you using? They both match really well.

Thanks - I'm using some unreleased JR tracks and a private reskin of another embankment asset, the j_embankment series on the DLS.

--

SLRR 3170, 3129, and NS 3210, former Southern, drag a plethora of grain hoppers uphill in Ohio at mileposts 3.4 and 11.1, respectively.

LIkDcw5.jpg

YnZEZzo.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Back