USA Pics

2018-10-21-145545.jpg

2018-10-21-163535.jpg

2018-10-21-163513.jpg

On a cold winter night, a BNSF coal unit train comes to a complete stop at Ashland for a crew change. After the crew change, the train departs and heads for the power station that's 30 minutes down the line to deliver the coal. It'll then continue its journey west to deliver more coal.
Nyc8X9R.jpg

Nice night shot, Hiawathamr! Is that T:ANE? The light pools do not wipe out the fence on the left or the end of track stop on the right, which is better than I usually get, so I am wondering....

I hear that 75 loaded coal trains leave the Powder River Basin each and every day, 365 days a year ... That's allot of coal :eek: And one Florida Power & Light generating company burns one 100 ton hopper of pulverized coal each and every 5 minutes, 24-7-365 :eek: I think we're gonna' run outa coal sooner than they thought, as they previously said in 1960 that there was only a 200 year supply in the ground

The A.M. Aluminum Co. yard is an organized mess. The outbound train is in pieces: power on one track, loads of finished aluminum products on one, and raw material empties on another. Some BNSF run-thru power is resting in the yard.

1TTOqGN.jpg

BCepdmS.jpg

O4yEuyQ.jpg

Matt

Back