USA Pics

Sp " Snowflake" on the point of the Steel Express in TS12. ( after many fixes to files).

btvfd_20171231_0005_zpsb0oamans.jpg

btvfd_20171231_0007_zps7o98yaa2.jpg

Where is that locomotive from? Thanks and Hugs.

:hehe: I wasn't sure this was going to make it.

While the train cleared it's own tail end changes in speed limits and switches flipping disrupted the load cycle and the train failed to load properly. :(

Is that an actual prototypical location ? If so where is it ?

You could remove the switch, on the loader exit track, so that the entire train has room, till the tail end loads ... and place the switch way further down the line

You could remove the switch, on the loader exit track, so that the entire train has room, till the tail end loads ... and place the switch way further down the line

It's the inside loop at Cordero Mine. Using "Imperial Measuring Wagons" it's a bit over 1.4 miles in length. I know not prototypical by today's standards! My mistake.
Dean

Man it has been awhile since I've looked at 2006, doesn't look bad at all actually.

Try flood loading, driving manually, in notch 1 ... The real world does not have AI

Yeah, I do need to try that.

Probably the train is too long?

I don't think so, from testing it appears that the AI gets confused about the shortest route to next task.

As I said it looks like the AI is having trouble sorting out the shortest route, possibly due to the loop itself. Testing is on going. :D

It's the inside loop at Cordero Mine. Using "Imperial Measuring Wagons" it's a bit over 1.4 miles in length. I know not prototypical by today's standards! My mistake.
Dean

Well given the size of the route I am not complaining at all. If the AI does weird things it ain't your fault.

Edit: After a bunch more testing, manual driving works fine on both inner and outer tracks, the train was too long for AI loading. (or what they said :hehe:)

Last edited:
42117771ad894013f105d49659403068.png

SUNSET ON THE MONON
Time is not long for the former Chicago, Indianapolis and Louisville Railway as the sun sets on a late July afternoon in 2017. In the coming months CSX Transportation will file to officially abandon the remaining portion of the south end between the junction with the Indiana Subdivision of the former Baltimore & Ohio at Mitchell and the K&IT Bridge junction at New Albany. Times on the former bridge line were not always this bleak, harkening back to the days of Barriger's classic passenger trains of rebuilt Army hospital cars or quadruple sets of ALCo Century Series units leading Chicago-bound freights out of Louisville. Even in the beginning days of L&N operations the railroad saw a healthy 10 freight trains a day along with daily Amtrak service. Those times have passed now, as the old Monon has become useless in the grand scheme of the CSX picture. Of many blows, the 1999 Conrail merger and the 2009 deal with Louisville & Indiana Railroad have dealt the Monon it's final hands. Today it's only a matter of time until it's sister connecting line, the B&O, falls to the same fate.

The times...they are a changin'.

​Cheers, Woody

cdb7a684d4c7c39f9bd7a09ec65aaf19.png

COAL IN Q COUNTRY

BNSF C-NAMCEB hits the spring switch at Neilson Junction just south of Marion, Illinois. This is the former Fourth Subdivision of Burlington Northern's Galesburg Division operating between Centralia, Illinois and Paducah, Kentucky. The railroad was originally used by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy to access rich mining areas in southern Illinois and interchange general freight with railroads in the Paducah area. However, with clean air legislation and the cheap availability of cleaner coal in the Powder River Basin, the flow of coal reversed in the 1970's and 80's. Trains full of PRB coal now move south, railroad east, to power plants and transload facilities in the Paducah area. Over the years, various contracts for these facilities swap back and forth between BNSF Railway and Union Pacific, whom's rails this train is entering in this scene. For 16 miles the BNSF shares trackage with UP on the former Chicago & Eastern Illinois, later Missouri Pacific, Marion Subdivision between Neilson JCT and Vienna JCT where BNSF ownership resumes. In years past, the UP had it's own line that went in a few different directions at Vienna. To Joppa, Cairo or back to the mainline at Thebes. Today this line is gone and the UP simply enjoys trackage rights on an equal 15-20 miles of rail from Vienna Junction to Metropolis where they share the Paducah & Illinois Railway bridge with Canadian National. The bridge was funded in part by the CB&Q and the Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis. The Illinois Central, CN's predecessor, was content using a car float operation and fought bridge construction tooth and nail to keep business away from the Burlington and NC&StL. After seeing they were losing the fight, they were all too happy to buy into the paper company P&I Railway's bridge and to this day sends the most trains over it across the Ohio River.

​Cheers, Woody

Back