USA Pics

cajon11.jpg

Check the track desplacement right in front of the loco above. You can see it better in the last image below.

Wiped out all the passengers on the platform...

that always happens to me you drive on it and its fine the you go to saveed sessions and it breaks apart

Believe me it was quite by accident. It was the first time I had run the route and didn't know that offset was there. I have fixed it.

In surveyor, there are red lines running thru the air. Would I be correct in assuming they are invisible rails?

just a footnote: I live in the eastern US but have made several trips through the Cajon Pass by auto. That scenery in the route looks more like Montana than Southern California. Still a great job by the builder (other than that boo-boo which caused the derail.)

iirc I believe this is a semi-fictional route. Based on a real-life route yes, but it shares only name and the basis of the route. I have not run it myself, so really don't know.

I wonder how many of you know of the Chicago & Eastern Illinois railroad. C&EI dates back to 1877 and went through some pretty tough times before disappearing in 1976.

There is more info at this site...

http://www.american-rails.com/chicago-and-eastern-illinois-railroad.html

I stumbled across some pics while browsing the Fallen Flags site and came across some GP7s and a GP9. I've done my best to repaint the GP9 by Icebreaker and Sandman 2.

Sandman 2 is the original creator but Icebreaker made available the undec model for skinning purposes.

C&EI painted their locos in a predominantly dark blue livery with white angled stripes on the front and rear.

I've done some GP7s/GP9s, I must admit, I was really happy with how the weathered one came out. Because of the way the GP9 was mapped, it's a bit all over the place, but still not too bad.

There will be a clean and weathered version.

I've tried to replicate the one in this pic

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cei/cei81ads.jpg

CEIGP791a.jpg

CEIGP791b.jpg

CEIGP791c.jpg

CEIGP791d.jpg

Last edited:
TrainzIC

This is my inaugural screenshot.
I don't know how to make an image show up like the above, but this will have to do.
Please let me know if it allows you to mess with my page...if it does, please don't!
That is an IC GP-35 coming across the fictional US63 at Hartford Illinois, just below the Wisconsin state line.
By the way everything is fictional.

Last edited:
I'll just toss a few in to clear my hard-drive.....

The routes are VT-NH Loop by George Fisher on USLW website, Appalachia & Clinchfield Elkhorn Extension both on TrainzProRoutes website and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner by Chris Racer on GAURC website.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Last edited:
Today I was able to catch up with the Illinois Central local.
As most of you know I'm a huge IC fan (as per my username) so it was a joy catching up with it!
The train is based out of Cedar Springs and makes its way down the Palmont Sub for the first part of its journey before reaching the Wilmington Branch.
It is shown at Hartford on the diamond with Micah's Tower in the background (named after my good friend Micah Plank)
TrainzIC

Nice pics woody!!!!

Thanks alot guys.
I'm very glad to have some shots for you, I actually built that layout for that purpose...all my other route are to incomplete to show.
Now I just need to figure out how to get the picture to show up instead of the link. I have clicked the insert image button, and it comes up with that.

trainz2009-05-0518-56-12-72.jpg

Illinois Central local meets a Canadian National manifest goods train at the junction in Hartford.
I want to thank Jadebullet for showing me how to do this!

Woody

A couple of more...variety pack.

Here I caught up with a CN Intermodal with a WC SDL39 in the lead, Jerry's camera caught this great pic as the train was squealing through the turn at 40 mph.
trainz2009-05-0523-05-43-10.jpg

I managed to dig this out of Jerry's archives.
Old picture of an Illinois Central Gulf local coming through Hartford with two GP35s.
trainz2009-05-0511-49-16-83-1.jpg

Here I caught up with that CN manifest crossing in front of the IC local.
Don't ask how I got up in the air...
trainz2009-05-0518-56-32-86.jpg

Thanks for looking at them.
Thanks once again to jadebullet. I also want to thank backyard for telling me about Irfanview months ago.

Woody

Some Union Pacific Action.

Me and Jerry were heading to Oakland California and decided to stop at San Bernardino for some pics.
Jerry set up his camera and caught this shot.
While we were getting ready to take the shot this hot UP coil train flew by on the main line. It really made our trip!
RailSim2009-05-0601-25-43-11.jpg

"Burlington Northern Santa Fe" then & now.

Last month Jerry & I were able to head over to Shelby Montana for some serious railfanning.
It was a great trip, but the star of the show was this excellent "staging", we were waiting on this grain to pullout and get a good shot when this hot shot coal manifest came roaring by! Three brand new SD70Ace locomotives in the new BNSF paint scheme, and the GP35 and SD40 snoot, BN and ATSF.
This shot depicts "Burlington Northern Santa Fe".
trainz2009-05-0601-42-16-40.jpg

3 more

here is 3 more from the Cajon route after I fixed the track. In this first one, I am assuming that the only thing that can be done about those shadow lines is to take bridge shots at noon or night.

cajon17.jpg

cajon16.jpg

cajon18.jpg

Back