USA Pics

Felix: What route has that gorgeous bridge you are taking the PRR over?

Dave Snow: I have some of those same assets and they say Payware for me also. I think they must have come with the program or with the built-in routes? "Ian" says it is Auran, others are various authors that they may have included?

nQjUqZo.jpg

(Since this side of the LWP will not be part of the initial release, I chose to post it in the USA thread instead of the project thread)

SPRINGFIELD, MO

The heart of the Lewiston & Pamona is Springfield Yard, located in the middle of the system, a little east of the fulcrum that
connects the three arms of the railway at Monett, where the Pamona, Cherokee, and Ozark districts converge.

Keith (csxt17) has the route for the next two or three months, so I decided to get a headstart on the most crucial part of the system.
Springfield, Missouri hosts the railways only classification hump yard, sorting and breaking down LWP traffic blocks from St Louis,
Tulsa, Wichita, and Dallas, with additional CLW freight coming in from all over their system such as Chicago, Columbus, Pittsburgh,
Buffalo, and others. Not many mixed freight trains roll past Springfield the same size they came in, as trains are usually blocked between
Springfield and all ends of the system. Only CLW runs a CHDA (Chicago to Dallas) a few times a week if that.

In these snapshots, we see some action around East Springfield, where the triple tracked Pamona District meets the Springfield Town spur,
a line that connects to the Kissik Branch, used to access costumers in downtown and bring coal trains to and from the James River Power
Station in Kissik, Missouri.

Coming in westbound, train EDSGX (extra Euclid Yard St Louis to Springfield) has three EMD's on the point cruising into town with a short
manifest freight. This train has cars for Tulsa, Springdale and Dallas, and will be broken apart soon after the inbound crew ties down and the
power is hostled away. An ex-BN SD40-2, LWP 3128, leads the way, followed by two 3109's, one a GMTX GP40-2, the other an LWP SD40-3.

The next morning it appears the 3128 has been taken in for Servicing or lashed onto another train, as GMTX 3109, LWP 3109 and RMGX 5520,
another former BN unit, accelerate SGEDX through the plant at East Springfield, the lead to downtown Springfield seen in the foreground.

gVgP4gW.jpg

6wGywNu.jpg

xEuIwBD.jpg

Last edited:
Back