USA Pics

After about a three week hiatus due to computer issues, trains are running again! Here's a rack train.

EJMpj5A.jpg

ZL3CuSr.jpg

IOPBpsg.jpg

wXnV9ja.jpg

wrQzNr9.jpg

Santa Fe all the way!

Matt

LOVING Tidewater Point! The guys at JR did an outstanding job! :D

q66ROE6.jpg

i7kb7t0.jpg

Ynun16x.jpg

MrVwuED.jpg

eTMi1D9.jpg

And as always, great shots to everyone!

Matt

@Normhart

Are your pics the Grain Terminal session?

I don't mean to derail the thread, but when I try running the session, my locomotive derails shortly after turning onto the line to the grain terminal. Has it ever happened to you, or did I somehow screw something up?

Matt

@Normhart

Are your pics the Grain Terminal session?

I don't mean to derail the thread, but when I try running the session, my locomotive derails shortly after turning onto the line to the grain terminal. Has it ever happened to you, or did I somehow screw something up?

Matt

Yes that is the grain session in the first three shots. I haven't derailed but the track there is pretty rough and I took it dead slow at around 6-7 mph, the locomotive was pitching around like it was at sea. :D

Yes that is the grain session in the first three shots. I haven't derailed but the track there is pretty rough and I took it dead slow at around 6-7 mph, the locomotive was pitching around like it was at sea. :D

I blasted in there doing a good 20-25... Perhaps that's why I derailed... :hehe:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing the flood of Tidewater pics...

wblog76.jpg

EWLR6vE.jpg

S6nZwTD.jpg

afHOVn3.jpg

blpbrRX.jpg

6hrKudu.jpg

Everything looks great here, heck, I could run Aussie trains on TWP (if I really wanted to) and they would still look at home. I was a fan of the original TWP, and this has rekindled my love for it.

Matt

Was that the full yard session? How long did it take to empty the reciving yard? :eek: Nice to see the route in action!

Yes it was the full yard session, I have figured out how to get the hump locos to automatically couple up but I have not figured out any way to get the AIs to feed the hump so I'm still doing that manually. I have not cleared the receiving yard completely as I've been trying to figure out how to get the in-bound locomotives to actually stop in the receiving yard. It finally dawned on me that I need to clear one side of the receiving yard so that there was no interference with the incoming consists.

I don't have any times yet but I'm running two or three sessions a day on the route, thanks!

Edit: One thing I've discovered is that my computer doesn't have either enough memory or enough processing power, or both, to run this session at my normal graphics settings. Grrr! That explains various errors I've been seeing.

Edit again, sorry that isn't the full yard session, that is the Working Day - SP with portals.

Last edited:
OK, after dialing down the graphics I was able to run through the Working Day session.

Switchers operating under AI control
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It took about 1 hour and 10 minutes to empty the staging area of the original three consists during which two trainz arrived from the west.

Not without some problems though fortunately neither train derailed.

The second train didn't have that problem

Done! The three initial consists plus the two arriving consists all humped in two hours.

You might want to reconsider weakening the intermediate retarders. As more cars are added to the hump yard the cars at the end are pushed past the final retarders.

Some fun! :D

Some shots from Milwaukee, WI on the Canadian Pacific Chicago & Milwaukee Subdivision.
A southbound Amtrak Hiawatha makes its way out of downtown Milwaukee.
miodusi-20180227-0001_orig.jpg

miodusi-20180227-0002_orig.jpg

A Canadian Pacific local freight takes some cars from Jones Island to Muskego Yard.
miodusi-20180227-0004_orig.jpg

A Canadian Pacific crude oil train makes its way out of Muskego Yard onto the mainline.
miodusi-20180227-0005_orig.jpg

One issue may be that I am running in DCC mode. As well as the roll through issue I have seen some empty cars re-coupling on the hill and derailing once they hit a switch that flips as they are crossing. I've been doing an Instant Load - Load All once the switchers couple up and that seems to fix that. Still having a lot of fun though. :D

Back