USA Pics

The Nancy Hanks II bound for Savannah passes a Atlanta bound manifest, just another day on the old Central of Georgia.
2022-08-11-235627.jpg

dwn2884 --

Empire Builder. Rivercide Electric. Overshooting platforms.

Well, you have to admit that on Rivercide the platforms are short. Very short. But then your train is long. Very long. So you should be able to stop with one or two cars at the platform.

But as for overshooting, if I can drive a steam locomotive in cab mode and make a video simultaneously, and bring the locomotive to a halt at exactly the right spot -- you aint got no excuses.

You might find that tomorrow The Dispatcher will make you ride with Chuck & Joe to show you how it's done. Properly.

Phil

Edit:
The route in the video is Rivercide Railroad, the non-electrified version. On the Download Station.

First of all, I consider it an ironic honor that my tiny problem warranted a response from a prolific creator such as you, so thank you for that!
Secondly I will admit I could solve about 85% of said problem by not coming in too hot. Personally I've been using a combo of train and independent brakes (the latter of which works surprisingly well regardless of train length) but unless I'm mistaken I don't believe that's the prototypical thing to do. I'll work on it regardless and hopefully in the not-too-distant future I can post a video of the exact same perfect stop (and why not try it with an H8 and 90 coal hoppers; I occasionally dabble in the business of good-spirited one-upping that comes from having younger siblings:hehe:).

Thanks mate! Didn't expect that sort of compliment, that's for sure. Appreciate it.

Cross my heart and (not really) hope to die, I swear. And no problem at all :)

Amtrak's Illini races south on a hot morning in August, 1989.

Amtrak-1989-Illini.jpg

Amtrak-1989-Illini-%232.jpg

Later on, a very fortunate close call reminiscent of the YouTube-famous near head-on collision between a VIA Rail LRC and a CP Rail short freight (ironically not due to take place until 1991).

Near-Miss-%231.jpg

It was the Amtrak AI's unknown obsession with left-hand running this time, not me:hehe:
view_media_post

More Coal Country
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Amtrak passing Parker, an old station that will be restore by Amtrak, trains will stop here in the future

In Peaboy, a Solo NS ES44AC leads an autorack

Last edited:
Must railroad photos always include trains?? :)

It is 2:35am. Jan 3, 1983. Frigid and foggy with light snow flurries. Light dusting of snow on the ground as the crossing signals stand silent guarding the Windber Branch crossing of RT 56.

Join us for action trackside: https://youtu.be/862YBZY4vpU

The Nancy Hanks II bound for Savannah passes a Atlanta bound manifest, just another day on the old Central of Georgia.
2022-08-11-235627.jpg

How do I get a hold of the Central of Georgia baggage/coach combine? I've ridden in COG combine 390's baggage section whenever it's used on the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's Missionary Ridge Local.

Back