USA Pics

ZyiilYc.jpg

Nice tribute to George H W Bush Trainman10. For those interested in this unique locomotive, abc news has an article about it here:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/presidential-funeral-train-50-years-59643026

It gives some background on it. It has been around since 2005 and has been part of his funeral planning since 2009.

People gather from all around to pay respects to George H. W. Bush, and to see his historic funeral train.

P4I33YV.jpg

Matt

Wow Norm i wonder how many people living near that roundhouse have complained to the EPA about the smoke lol. May as well chuck this baby in here while I'm in the area.
2018-12-07-185636.jpg

Cheers Mick.:hehe:

Last edited:
Well Mick that is Cheyenne, WY so I'm guessing there weren't many complaints. :)

I've been digging into what the Bush funeral consist was. Union Pacific gives two different lists but this seems the most likely pending further research.

UP SD70ACe #4141
UP SD70AH #9096
Power #2066
Dome Diner - City of Portland #8008
Dome Lounge - City of San Francisco #9009
Baggage Recreation - Council Bluffs #5769
Business - Lone Star #101 (reversed)
Dome Lounge - Harriman #9004
Dinner - Overland #5015
Deluxe Sleeper - Portola #1610 (8 bedroom)
Diner - City of Denver #5011
Dome Lounge - Walter Dean #9005
Business - Kenefick #99 (EOT device attached)

I don't believe this to be the proper order as films of the event show some differences. I suspect we have most of these cars in Trainz. Edit: nope a search by number and a search by name failed to find any of these except Counsel Bluffs.

Edit: I've found a couple of films that confirm the above consist. I was able to confirm the ID of each rail car except #99.

Last edited:
A couple more nice tribute shots for President Bush, thanks EPA (Matt) and norm!

Matt - looks like no one is paying attention to the no trespassing signs, or the railroad crew is allowing it for the occasion (most likely). Looks like some clones came too. (Always so hard to create crowds in trainz, so few people assets really)

A couple more nice tribute shots for President Bush, thanks EPA (Matt) and norm!

Matt - looks like no one is paying attention to the no trespassing signs, or the railroad crew is allowing it for the occasion (most likely). Looks like some clones came too. (Always so hard to create crowds in trainz, so few people assets really)

Yeah, I went down the line of the animated people scenery items, placed about 10-15 of each. And if you look real closely, you'll see that I didn't even make sure they were rotated towards the train... I got lazy but if I paid that much attention to detail, I'd still be working on creating the shot.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Matt

I only noticed the people thing because the same thing happened to me, and I didnt notice it until after I posted the shot:
Crowds-at-Railfan-Day.jpg

Hi All some great stuff in here. Here's one from me... westbound Utah Belt GP60's along with a GP38 and SW1500 pulling a loaded coal over the pass to be unloaded eventually. :)

iXcN9Qj.jpg

Cheers,

~Andrew R.

Query. What route(s) are folks running the Utah Belt on?

Hi norm, I've just picked a route of the dls this morning named Desert Mountain Plains and did just basic modifications replaced track, few textures, etc and adjusted the lighting.

Cheers,

~Andrew R.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

this big steaming behemoth that is the big apple 4-8-4 is seen with a string of empty coal hoppers in tow thundering down the tracks.

Back