USA Pics

PRR six-axles had a short reign on the mountainous route, though by the time Penn Central became reality, traffic had been relegated to the old four axles.
Not even a decade later and the route was much busier and with many more motors online than the Pennsy ever utilized on the same trackage. As catenary is all strung out across the three divisions, the railroads six-axles are pressed into service in great numbers to help move the huge influx of traffic. SD40s and SD45s have become a staple, but the 125 new SD40-2s are already well-loved on the steep and winding mountain route. In a few years, despite electrics going strong, the railroad will order an additional 250 to supplement them all.

Here, seven of the SD40/45/40-2s lead empties across the West Virginian division as a bonus power-move. The return trip will see all seven and then some, stretched to their limits, to move back up the even steeper northbound grades.
And meanwhile, back in the midwest, SLRR 2955 hosts a special guest as the northbound train rockets through Fisher, IL. One of a handful of the railroads S4s - only twelve on the roster - leads a GP9, both in their now dying breed of phase 1 paint, putter towards the grain elevator with a short collection of hoppers to be loaded.

Cheers,
SM
Are those the freeware rrmods sd45s?

So first, jacksonbarno - those are some good photos of the IC and Santa Fe. Hoping to see what you guys have in store for the next release on Trainz Forge.

Otherwise, enjoy these scenes of Eagle River Railway's Baldwin S12 as it handles a small mixed train on its way to Beaver Cove.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A railfan gets a photo of both the train and his 1956 Packard just outside of the Camp A facility.

Just near Chidlow Siding, another railfan gets a photo of the train with his antique 1933 Ford Coupe.

Here's a few more photos of the Baldwin S12 and some other locomotives on the Eagle River Railway.

Proceeding downgrade, an empty log train heads back to Camp B with power provided by SD7 6253 and GP15 2021.

Just outside of Beaver Cove, the S12 has dropped off two loaded woodchip gondolas and boxcar and BW9 #30 is seen taking the cars to the pulp mill and the loading dock.

Not my best screens but hey, we all have bad moments

CalTrain 21 meets AMTK 31 on the curve coming into the very busy and popular Parico Beach while on the way deadhead to San Jualito station. AMTK 31 will work back up the coast towards Portland from San Jualito as the 'West Coaster'
20210817021854-1.jpg

20210817021931-1.jpg

CalTrain unit #919, the 'Retro' engine, blisters around the curve at Parico Beach before having to wait in the hole for a meet at Alataro Beach, which like typical Cali beaches, is packed early on a beautiful day. Then it's back to El Sigore Yard for a trip through the wash plant and standby/switch head ends for a special return trip to San Jualito Union Station for a press event
20210818020548-1.jpg

20210818021059-1.jpg

20210818024633-1.jpg

20210818024738-1.jpg

That's not an interstate, just a US highway. US Highways have lower speeds & despite often divided, can have standard intersections & RR crossings.

Back