USA Pics

I couldn't resist these two (but no more thereafter, I promise):

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

MAGLEVSX: I'm far from old and don't own any tile shift lenses, so they must be computer-manipulated images. ;)

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

More Clovis Sub, Session: Meet me at Vaughn:)

1280_3264333565616238.jpg

1280_3039393365373736.jpg

@Dermmy, for Screens I pose Traffic on the Roads. For playing my own American Routes I have created two new Regions, American Cars Vintage and American Cars AtTime.

And now i will play Clovis Sub 2 :D

Cheers Epo:)

Hi all. Glad you liked the pictures.

It's a very simple process, and I was inspired to dabble into a bit of this "tilt-shift esque" effect after reading this thread.

Basically, to make real photographs look like models, we need three factors:

1. Most importantly, photographs of miniatures taken in macro have a shallow depth of field, which results in only a portion of the entire picture being in focus.
2. Miniature models often have harder, darker shadows than in real life.
3. Miniature models are often of more vivid, striking and solid colors than their real life counterparts.

Process:
1. Choose a photograph that preferably has the subject somewhere in the center. Large areas of a solid color or extremely complex pictures won't produce the best results.
2. Open it in an editor, then select all (or equivalent function).
3. Remove from selection (or equivalent function) the horizontal section which contains the subject. Remember to apply maximum feathered edges (100px should suffice).
3. Gaussian blur the remainder about 7px.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 again, but this time, remove from selection an larger area than before. Work outwards until the ends of the picture. If necessary, blur an area multiple times.
5. Edit contrast to around 60% and brightness to 45%. You really need to play around at this stage, undoing and reapplying. Remember, what you want is a vivid, colorful picture.
6. Edit saturation to around 80%. Again, play around until it looks toy-ish.

At this point you've about done. For night shots, it will be useful to apply a little bit of RGB noise (or equivalent function) to the dark areas. Another variation would be a slanted focus area if the subject cuts diagonally across the photograph. Again, blur the outside a little, then work outwards.

Go try it now, it's lots of fun. I've tricked my dad into believing all four above were models! :hehe:

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

"Conductor to 3771, let's highball north."
trainz2009-08-1419-38-38-46.jpg

Back in the car as we leave the yard towards the St. Timothy depot.
trainz2009-08-1419-35-20-62.jpg

The train is now leaving the yard, here we look at the unique washing station in this car.
trainz2009-08-1419-35-12-04.jpg

Back in the conductor's office, it's time to get the tickets ready for the day.
trainz2009-08-1419-34-35-73.jpg

Not a bad looking car....I bet it was made in China....Judging by the writing of the books and all the Japanese pix in that car....And one American :hehe:

Lets see what the car looks like on the outside

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps that's the spot he was working on when the legend passed on. :(
Sort of like the memorial Dermmy built in Clovis when Alastair left us. Sigh.

Nicholas.

Back