USA Pics

taned_088.jpg

Harold

Very impressive Felix! Massive amount of detail, can almost smell the oil, diesel exhaust, grime and sea water. Very nice.

Greetings all,
After a long hiatus, I am back and my current pet project is the CSX KD Subdivision between Etowah, TN and Corbin, KY. This mainline has decreased in traffic over the years, now down to only two regularly scheduled each day and rerouted extras. We're examining it between 2010 and 2013 when it was still a moderately humming mainline that one could spend a day railfanning on. Enjoy.
EPefyLQ

EPefyLQ.png

CSXT #85 S231 North.
Northbound autoracks make an appearance just outside Jacksboro, TN around 8am passing some of the finer residences in the Jacksboro/LaFallotte area.

rGHuQl4.png

CSXT #5115 N700 North.
Coal empties are northbound behind AC4400AH #5115 entering the siding at South Jacksboro around 9am. CSX AC Dispatcher has instructed them to take the hole here to meet a very late Q041 that had engine troubles leaving Queensgate last night.

2qvwB5g.png

CSXT #6116 Q041 South.
At long last the hot 041 arrives with GP40-2 #6116 leading an ailing C40-8 and an ES44DC with it's short train of intermodal.

C6968Lu.png

NS #8398 787 North.
NS 787 heads north up the Jellico Branch to fetch coal from the Kopper Glo mine at Clairfield, TN. Action on the KD, above on the bridge, has nodded off for a bit so the coal train is a welcome sight.

hQaRsec.png

CSX #967 G865 North.
CSX ES44AH #967 is brand new and leading a northbound grain train past Leinert's Crossing around 1pm.

LlNW7GR.png

CSX #287 Q541 South.
CSX Q541 is the daily express manifest for this railroad, providing direct service between Cincinnati's Queensgate Yard and Atlanta's Tilford Yard. Here it is shown late afternoon crossing the viaduct over downtown Lake City, TN.

Cheers,
Woody

Felix, Amazing screen shots, your attention to detail incredible.

Question: In most of the shots of the waterfront, the black mooring bitts/bollards on the docks, do you know the names or kuid No.? These are the best I have seen.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thanks guys! :)

Question: In most of the shots of the waterfront, the black mooring bitts/bollards on the docks, do you know the names or kuid No.? These are the best I have seen.
Those are part of <kuid:175455:100870> JR Generic Dock.
For the few additional bollards I was using <kuid2:193038:39008:1> SG Poller4, an old 2005 asset looking a little bit outdated now with it's hexagonal shape though.

Great work every one.
Greetings all,
After a long hiatus, I am back and my current pet project is the CSX KD Subdivision between Etowah, TN and Corbin, KY.

Good too see you in here Woody, Great work so far on ya project mate keep at it.
Cheers Mick.:)

Those are part of <kuid:175455:100870> JR Generic Dock.
For the few additional bollards I was using <kuid2:193038:39008:1> SG Poller4, an old 2005 asset looking a little bit outdated now with it's hexagonal shape though.

Thank you.

Regards,

Saw the name felix_g, opened the post, not disappointed.

Who's that guy hanging out with Amy Winehouse? Not another drug-addled loser by the look of it.
Maybe you should drive a train once in a while? ;)
Alastair being responsible for countless stuck trains, I'm not so sure he would pass a drug test.

Fantastic. I'm running out of adjectives. Every tiny detail looks just right.
smyers
So much fun to use your excellent groundtextures.

@felix_g - reminds me irresistibly of Cincinnati, OH... Riverfront Stadium would be in the upper right corner of the second shot :eek:

Back