USA Pics

CSX U391-04 sits on main 1 at Woodside while he waits for a local crew to take him 10 miles south to Sliprock Mine.

fH0TOEY.jpg

Great shots Norm, thanks. (and thanks to BTVFD for the cabooses too).

I was just wondering whether you'd mind posting more, overall shots of the mods you've made on the Eagle River route (is the top photo something you've done to ER as well)?

I would love to see what people like yourself, with more prototypical knowledge and inspiration than me have come up with.

I understand if you'd rather not though.

Cheers,
Piere.

I completely missed all these comments :hehe:

On a completely different topic,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

SDIY working the industrial parks in El Centro.

As for Amy's fate, hey she's got her wine so she's good. :hehe:

And for Piere, I have to tell you that is not my version of Eagle River. All my knowledge of railroads and logging come from trainz. :hehe: (Well and a lot of reading about the old days) (oh, and that logging TV series that was on for awhile that I got hooked on for no good reason) The friend who shared his version of ER did modify the abandoned industry near Keane as you see it. He told me it manufactured something but he wasn't sure what. I decided that molded wood products was a good choice. I still need to look up what materials it takes to make molded wood products.

Last edited:
@Piere

My version of Eagle River is not much changed from the stock version, I replaced the trees and added some TPTC scenery but that is about it. I mainly work in TANE.

My friend's version is highly modified for TRS19 and includes merging in Legacy of the BNSF and Legacy of the BNSF II.

Makes all three routes much more interesting. They seem to be made for each other. :D I'd been trying to figure out how to merge them myself without much success and, when I saw a post he'd made, I asked him and he was kind enough to share.

(and yes we both own all three routes, purchased from JR directly)

As for Amy, she gets around

Here she is hanging out with some of her friends outside of Golden, Canada

And here she is hanging out with some of her friends at The Bunkhouse outside of Bear Creek Camp.

and, of course, some shots hanging out with some of her special friends outside of Main Street Station

:hehe:

Last edited:
A LE&E local rolls past class S-2 Northern number 2248, idling with a westbound passenger train at Port Lexington. It's 1954, and by this time all through passenger service on the LE&E has been dieselized for the better part of a year. The fast and versatile northerns, still capable, were reassigned to fast freight and local passenger service, with occasional appearances on mail and express trains when required.

2019-06-18_010925.jpg

Six-axle locomotives make a rare appearance at Jones Island in Milwaukee as UP empty grain train GE3DMW (Kansas City-Milwaukee) shoves toward the Nidera Grain Elevator, as the UP Marsh job is working right along side it.

And for Piere, I have to tell you that is not my version of Eagle River. All my knowledge of railroads and logging come from trainz. :hehe: (Well and a lot of reading about the old days) (oh, and that logging TV series that was on for awhile that I got hooked on for no good reason) The friend who shared his version of ER did modify the abandoned industry near Keane as you see it. He told me it manufactured something but he wasn't sure what. I decided that molded wood products was a good choice. I still need to look up what materials it takes to make molded wood products.

@Piere
My version of Eagle River is not much changed from the stock version, I replaced the trees and added some TPTC scenery but that is about it. I mainly work in TANE.

My friend's version is highly modified for TRS19 and includes merging in Legacy of the BNSF and Legacy of the BNSF II.

Makes all three routes much more interesting. They seem to be made for each other. :D I'd been trying to figure out how to merge them myself without much success and, when I saw a post he'd made, I asked him and he was kind enough to share.

(and yes we both own all three routes, purchased from JR directly)
G'day Norm,

Thanks for the reply and info. It's especially interesting to hear that your knowledge comes from trainz and a few other sources as I am in a similar boat. A general interest but no real knowledge and mainly in it for relaxation and fun.

I have a mega-merged-route too which includes Coal Country, Eagle River and tidewater from JR as well as escd84's Norfolk Soulthern Yard Module, Felix_G's Emily Bay, LBT8365's Pioneer Creek Railway and GFisher's Picatinny & Mount Hope. I do have Legacy of the BN II as well, but I bought it from N3V, so I can't add that, or even parts of it that I would like to, unfortunately.

Thanks again for the info and I always enjoy the shots you post too.

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day Norm,

Thanks for the reply and info. It's especially interesting to hear that your knowledge comes from trainz and a few other sources as I am in a similar boat. A general interest but no real knowledge and mainly in it for relaxation and fun.

I have a mega-merged-route too which includes Coal Country, Eagle River and tidewater from JR as well as escd84's Norfolk Soulthern Yard Module, Felix_G's Emily Bay, LBT8365's Pioneer Creek Railway and GFisher's Picatinny & Mount Hope. I do have Legacy of the BN II as well, but I bought it from N3V, so I can't add that, or even parts of it that I would like to, unfortunately.

Thanks again for the info and I always enjoy the shots you post too.

Cheers,
Piere.

Hi Piere,

Is there any chance you could post a map view of the whole mega-merged-route?

Kind regards,
Craig

Hi Piere,

Is there any chance you could post a map view of the whole mega-merged-route?

Kind regards,
Craig

G'day Craig,

Here is a screen shot as I couldn't work out how to take a map view image while in-game.

I have photoshopped out some areas where the original routes were merged before I copied, rotated and pasted them into where I wanted them, to make it a bit less confusing.

All except Eagle River have been elevated up to the level of the Tidewater route too (A bad decision on my part in the beginning).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day Craig,

Here is a screen shot as I couldn't work out how to take a map view image while in-game.

I have photoshopped out some areas where the original routes were merged before I copied, rotated and pasted them into where I wanted them, to make it a bit less confusing.

All except Eagle River have been elevated up to the level of the Tidewater route too (A bad decision on my part in the beginning).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thank you very much Piere, I appreciate you taking the time to post your work/merge. I hope to do something similar.

Kind regards,
Craig

Thank you very much Piere, I appreciate you taking the time to post your work/merge. I hope to do something similar.

Kind regards,
Craig

No worries Craig.

If you are going to be using Tidewater, I strongly recommend making the effort to lower it down to the altitude of other routes (like Coal Country) rather than taking the others up to it.

I did it the other way and now, adding any extra routes is a royal pain. I wish I'd done it the other way in the beginning.

Cheers,
Piere.

No worries Craig.

If you are going to be using Tidewater, I strongly recommend making the effort to lower it down to the altitude of other routes (like Coal Country) rather than taking the others up to it.

I did it the other way and now, adding any extra routes is a royal pain. I wish I'd done it the other way in the beginning.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thanks again Piere :)

Back