USA Pics

Nice screenshots Jackson! If you don't mind me asking a question, but what is the name of that track your using?

CLW COSG (Columbus, OH to Springfield, MO) makes good time down the LWP Lewiston District with just over
a mile of mixed mixed freight under the control of two Dash 9's up front including a C44-9W demo from GE,
and a Dash 9/SD40-2 combo midtrain, hooked up to a robot control car.

CLW in the late 1990's were experimenting with the implementation of midtrain robots or "DP's" on trains over the
whole LWP system between Lewiston and Dallas. In late 1997, the robot cars were phased out in favour of Dash 9's
and AC4400CW's with LocoTrol installed.

gwZXEEE.jpg

Z3HASs3.jpg

shJ4iIZ.jpg

Last edited:
I see the SP lent you a REPEATER AIR CAR.
Fun fact: With mid-train helpers it would not be required as the use would have been used on long blocks of cars without helpers to aide in air recharging of the brake system.
Southern Pacific and other railroads built these cars in an attempt to reduce air brake charging times due the length of the train after a brake application on long grades.
They were self controlled cars (the system was turned on before departure and turned off at destination by a railroad employee). An automatic sensor in the brake pipe would turn on/off the air compressor to bring pressure back up after a brake application in less time then the lead power would be able too.

That is the Liberty Propane facility at Fenton on the UMR 2018 route.

A different look for such facilities in trainz. I assume that the LPG is coming in via pipeline.

For contrast the Amerigas facility outside Wilmington on the NEC route.

Last edited:
Back