Thread: Need help on which of my PC's is better for trainz.

United States of America, Indiana, Schereville

Default Need help on which of my PC's is better for trainz.

Right now ive got 2 PC's setup. My friend told me that PC B lets call it would be better for gaming at the current time, he said espcialyl for games not optimized for dual cores, and im fairly certain Trs 04 isnt PC A. AMD 5600 dual core 2.8 GHz processor, 4GB of ram, ATI x1250 with 256 of dedicated ram (integrated chip). (And also windows vista home premium) PC B has Pentium 4 3.0 GHz processor with 1.5GB of ram and a Nividia GeForce 5200 also with 256mb of dedicated ram (this pc has XP media center addition). I already have 04 on PC A, with im guess already about 5 GB of DL'd content!

P.S. (PC A will hopefuly soon have a Nividia 8800 soon )

matt

Either will do.

Chugging Along

PC A will struggle with only built in graphics (I guess an AMD 690G chipset). PC B will be slightlly better, though GF5200 graphics card isn't brillliant. PC A will absolutely fly wth an 8800, though

United States of America, Indiana, Schereville

Well my friend got his 8600 and now ive got the 7300LE in this pc. Trainz impoved a bit but it did have a great effect on other games, sid miers now runs at full FPS (for the most part.....) . And pc #2 went down but now its working again, now running windows server 2003