PLEASE READ - Permissable Signature Size in the Auran Trainz Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be ok to have 101 pixels in height and 805 pixels in width?
NO!

Because someone else, would say "can I have a image that is 102 x 806 pixels", then another user will want 103 x 807, and so on & so on.

i found a really cool image that was that size.
In that case, get the owner's permission to use their picture, and reduce it to the size that fits the guidelines.

Last edited:
gee...check out the trolls....and flamers...

:cool: Heck folks, post #9 has a template, and this forum is asking for help...

It's not an essay question...

I don't know why this thread is still here, never mind a sticky.

There are so many oversize banners on these forums, but most of the owners appear to have "get out of jail" cards and carry on regardless.

Smiley.

I'm not very creative...

:cool: ...as you can tell by my banner.

I used mspaint, Attributes/width 800, height 100, then used the bucket fill tool and selected a color.

For my banner, I found a drawing on the web, re-sized it and edited some of the lines and rivets lost in the resize. Its 383x97. The code calls for banner size, and signature is not mentioned. I think it totals about 407x 117...

Meanwhile...

I'm trying to figure out how to make a link to ImageShack using the I.S. logo, as a link...the logo is hosted on IS, and I can't figure the url code to make it a link, so I have to do that in a two step process.

iss4.png

vs.

Hey All

There are no get out of jail free cards here. You report them, we'll deal with them. It may not happen instantly but we mods will deal with it.

Cheers

AJ

I'm trying to figure out how to make a link to ImageShack using the I.S. logo, as a link...the logo is hosted on IS, and I can't figure the url code to make it a link, so I have to do that in a two step process.
I would normally prefer a standard picture for Image Shack, because when I click on an Image Shack thumbnail, ads pop up - even with the pop-up blocker turned on.

AJ_Fox, you claim that their are no "get-out-of-free" cards, I beg to differ - wait on second thought scrap that, as it looks like this person's signature of a railway level crossing of a height 150x has been replaced/deleted. But he/she had it for quite a while, I would say close to a year.

By the way, what's the go (meaning in copyright) with using Trainz avatars in the signature space?

Last edited:
Hey All

There are no get out of jail free cards here. You report them, we'll deal with them. It may not happen instantly but we mods will deal with it.
That all sounds very good, I remember Nat saying the same thing a few months ago, and I'm sure it what Auran want to see you saying.

But there is one user who has a banner over half a meg, and I've reported it 3 times in the last few months and it's still there.
Now if I remember correctly, one of the Mods said that whenever a report it made, it goes to all Mods.
Is this correct?
If so, how does this user get away with it, with so many Mods aware of the infringement?
Hence my use of the term "get out of jail" card.
I see no other logical reason why some can get away with it, and others can't.

And no, I'm not going to tell you who it is.
Take a look for yourself.
If you have a record of who's been reported in the past, it'll be there in your records, and it won't have been sorted.

I've given up trying to enforce a rule that neither Auran or the Mods seem to bother with.

Smiley.

I have been on the receiving end of a mod's knowledge of my signature being to big. All I got was some infraction points that were labeled "Violation of the Screenshot and/or Signature guidelines" which told me nothing. I would have never even seen it if I hadn't gone into my UserCP to change my avatar.
I'm not sure if the mods have the authority to do this; but I would be for having them change the violators signature. to either being blank or saying something like this (mods feel free to use it if you want):
Signature removed due violation of the Code of Conduct.
peter

Edit: I should mention that I don't think the mods are doing a bad job or anything. I just think that the way they are doing it is a bit ineffective.

Last edited:
....but I would be for having them change the violators signature. to either being blank....
I would agree to them blanking the offending banner, and maybe even locking the offender out from being able to have a banner.

Having said that, they would first have to acknowledge certain people being over the limit, and then decide to do something about it, rather than ignoring them.

Smiley.

Last edited:
Your right...

:cool: Thanks Red Rattler...I had not thought of that. I do not allow pop-ups on that particular site so when I tested the link I got no pop-ups.

I wanted to make it a link to help folks find a image host.

ImageShack thinks so little of the matter they stopped posting the thumbnails, I guess to save band width.

I'd still like to know how to make an image a link...

Been there, seen this...

:cool: Yes, the mods will slap a banner out, and give just about the same verse as suggested!

It may not happen instantly but we mods will deal with it.
Sure, it may not happen instantly, but I reported a signature a while ago which is 450 wide by 200 high (and more if you combine what suppose to be under it.), yet is still at those dimensions, time to do something. And if I remember, if members do go over the limit (naturally some do it on purpose), then isn't their a way to disable their signature, or isn't their a way to automatically reduce signatures within the set limits?

Signatures are not suppose to "overpower" the main area of posts.

Last edited:
Well, yes but...

:cool: Red you have an excellent point but I would not make a public example of someone. That can be take wrong and cause hard feelings.

I reported a banner this week using the flag next to the post number.

The moderators have a unique way of getting a maverick Trainzers attention!

Quickly deleted (unfortunately) before you posted Backyard, but I would really like to post the offending signature(s) - and you can't tell me that 450 wide by 200 high wasn't done on purpose.

EDIT: Besides smaller picture signatures look neater.

EDIT-2: Oh by the way Backyard, I did use the report button in the post.

Last edited:
Hey All

We appreciate the reporting of oversized sig banners. We try not to be heavy handed about it because some members may not be aware, so we send private reminders of the Code of Conduct limitations. In most situations this works well although it may take a few days because the Trainzer hasn't logged back in.

I will say that the vast majority of Trainzers who are made aware of this limitation reduce their sig sizes when made aware.

Cheers

AJ

I wonder what a freudian analysist would make of the issue of 'banner sizes'. ;)
Same as whether it's a big car, big house, big TV, (big Monitor, hehe), etc.

Those that need to have a bigger banner than anyone else are over-compensating, lol, and as such are admitting it to the rest of the world.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back